PDA

View Full Version : quick help needed PLEASE! HOW DO YOU ROPE TOW AN E34...

ryan roopnarine
05-22-2004, 12:46 PM
specifically, do i just attach one of the tow rope hooks to the hooks under the spoiler, and attach the other end to the hitch of the truck? truck is a late model toyota tacoma 4wd manual. anywhere better to hook to the truck? also, any advice for me about driving the towed car would be appreciated.

ps...tow distance is under 3/4 of a mile, do i need to add tranny fluid still?

winfred
05-22-2004, 01:10 PM
at that distance it should be fine, hitch will do nicely as will the tow hook on the e34

mikey535im
05-22-2004, 01:16 PM
Your brakeing in the E34 should assist the tow vehicle in brakeing to keep the tow strap taught.
Mike

ryan roopnarine
05-22-2004, 01:50 PM
the experience was good and uneventful, and i saved myself a tow. now to find the leak....but its 94 degrees out :(

JR'Z 525
05-22-2004, 08:11 PM
Ryan, In reference to your recent coolant loss posts, I suspect you'll be able to determine where your coolant has been going when do find your leak. Keep us posted with your findings...
JR

MBXB
05-22-2004, 08:21 PM
Ryan, When it's all over, go over to Ballz and have a pitcher!

Brian C.
05-22-2004, 08:46 PM
....a "AAA" membership if your car keeps giving you these little surprizes. Having a tow truck a call away can help on those long stretches of I-75 in the middle of the night. I threw in the towel when the mechanic told me that my tranny was cracked and leaking "a tiny bit"....."BUT".....it would just get worse.

Buy Lotto tickets.

Brian C.

ryan roopnarine
05-22-2004, 08:52 PM
i already have an autoclub membership, its just that my roommate's here, and it was worth a shot to ask him if he would be willing to do it. if its just a hose, i wouldn't hold it against the car, its 12 years old, and old rubber fails. its been driven more than 4000 miles in may alone, and it was better that it did this locally than when it went to canada.

....a "AAA" membership if your car keeps giving you these little surprizes. Having a tow truck a call away can help on those long stretches of I-75 in the middle of the night. I threw in the towel when the mechanic told me that my tranny was cracked and leaking "a tiny bit"....."BUT".....it would just get worse.

Buy Lotto tickets.

Brian C.

ryan roopnarine
05-22-2004, 08:53 PM
i don't think ballz exists anymore, i think it folded up about a year ago.

Ryan, When it's all over, go over to Ballz and have a pitcher!

MBXB
05-22-2004, 09:04 PM
It's still there.

i don't think ballz exists anymore, i think it folded up about a year ago.

ryan roopnarine
05-22-2004, 09:06 PM
is it upstairs or downstairs?

It's still there.

MBXB
05-22-2004, 09:11 PM
They located downstairs. It's a dump, but WTF.. it's a bar!! LOL

is it upstairs or downstairs?