GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quick help needed PLEASE! HOW DO YOU ROPE TOW AN E34...

Default quick help needed PLEASE! HOW DO YOU ROPE TOW AN E34...

specifically, do i just attach one of the tow rope hooks to the hooks under the spoiler, and attach the other end to the hitch of the truck? truck is a late model toyota tacoma 4wd manual. anywhere better to hook to the truck? also, any advice for me about driving the towed car would be appreciated.

ps...tow distance is under 3/4 of a mile, do i need to add tranny fluid still?
    Last edited by ryan roopnarine; 05-22-2004 at 12:49 PM.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

at that distance it should be fine, hitch will do nicely as will the tow hook on the e34
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Your brakeing in the E34 should assist the tow vehicle in brakeing to keep the tow strap taught.
    Mike

mikey535im...........1991 535im , Schwarz , H&R/Boge gas ,17" Style 10's , EAT Chipped :eek: Colorful Colorado

the experience was good and uneventful, and i saved myself a tow. now to find the leak....but its 94 degrees out
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Ryan, In reference to your recent coolant loss posts, I suspect you'll be able to determine where your coolant has been going when do find your leak. Keep us posted with your findings...
    JR
    1992 525 IA, EAT chip, 16 x 7.5 Rondell 58's, BavAuto Springs, Bilstein Sports, Elipsoid Smileys & fogs, Z3 Pistol grip shifter, 4 VDO gauge package, Azure Blue w/nice patina - clearcoat shot

Ryan, When it's all over, go over to Ballz and have a pitcher!
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

Default Sounds like you need to invest in....

....a "AAA" membership if your car keeps giving you these little surprizes. Having a tow truck a call away can help on those long stretches of I-75 in the middle of the night. I threw in the towel when the mechanic told me that my tranny was cracked and leaking "a tiny bit"....."BUT".....it would just get worse.

Buy Lotto tickets.

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

i already have an autoclub membership, its just that my roommate's here, and it was worth a shot to ask him if he would be willing to do it. if its just a hose, i wouldn't hold it against the car, its 12 years old, and old rubber fails. its been driven more than 4000 miles in may alone, and it was better that it did this locally than when it went to canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C.
    ....a "AAA" membership if your car keeps giving you these little surprizes. Having a tow truck a call away can help on those long stretches of I-75 in the middle of the night. I threw in the towel when the mechanic told me that my tranny was cracked and leaking "a tiny bit"....."BUT".....it would just get worse.

Buy Lotto tickets.

Brian C.

i don't think ballz exists anymore, i think it folded up about a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MBXB
    Ryan, When it's all over, go over to Ballz and have a pitcher!

Default Nope

It's still there.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    i don't think ballz exists anymore, i think it folded up about a year ago.
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast