PDA

View Full Version : DEPO Angel Eyes (E34)

weiss_535is
08-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Hi guys, I have heard many conflicting stories about these DEPO angel eyes, just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with them, be it bad or good??

ska-texas
08-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Just installed the depo's. no issue yet and they look nice. Check the search icon I know there's plenty of info on the subject. Good luck.

BillionPa
08-03-2006, 07:26 PM
had em for a year, no issues... other than the high beams are crap, but i have HID and dont have to use em.

weiss_535is
08-03-2006, 07:28 PM
That sounds okay as I have HIDs too. Are they any hassle to install?

weazman187
08-03-2006, 07:29 PM
yeah i just got mine, ther okay,

im only dislike is how they dont work during the day, cuz they are not neon or anything, and how you can see the 4 bulbs somtimes, but other then that they do look great, ill post pics up for you later, or maybe tonight as soon as it gets darker,

wiring was a bit** thoo, and taking out my original headlights was an a** as well, had to take out whole grille and you know....

weiss_535is
08-03-2006, 07:33 PM
Post Pic if you can, I'm really interested to see what they look like, I have to take front bar/grille etc off anyway for respray, that's what got me thinking about throwing these in at the same time...

BillionPa
08-03-2006, 07:45 PM
i got some connector splice stuff from Hella to do the job correctly, and next week i will be rewiring the angel eyes to the parking light harness with a relay and a capacitor and some other crap in there, and will have them independantly controllable from a stock switch on the dash.

weiss_535is
08-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Is it possible to just use the wiring from the park lights, As I have disconnected the park lights anyway due to having HIDs I didnt like the yellow globes above the white lights...

Qube
08-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Search. There are many posts about it, and some with very detailed pictures as well.

hakwuzhere
08-03-2006, 09:39 PM
After 6 months... no response from Umnitza (oh they "Assured me" that a replacement lens was comming)

http://www.veeshanvault.org/gallery/albums/broken-depos/BrokenDepo005.sized.jpg

Before they were installed I put Lamin-X on them... the lenses never saw a single rock... it just fell off.

Edit: Ive got some Euro smileys comming from the UK now... Hella FTW! :)

MTechnik540i
08-03-2006, 09:47 PM
Hi guys, I have heard many conflicting stories about these DEPO angel eyes, just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with them, be it bad or good??

Must we have another thread regarding this terrible choice of lighting?

Evan
08-03-2006, 10:38 PM
They're barely worth the $200.USD

You will probably have to cut and splice into your existing wiring.

They shouldn't be your first choice.. there is no hidden value.. better to buy used hellas and change lenses

MTechnik540i
08-03-2006, 10:52 PM
They're barely worth the $200.USD

You will probably have to cut and splice into your existing wiring.

They shouldn't be your first choice.. there is no hidden value.. better to buy used hellas and change lenses

Bingo.

weiss_535is
08-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Calm down kids, no need to get precious! New to this forum, didnt realise there was a search functiion, lets all just relax for a min, the lights aren't that important..........:)

Espen
08-04-2006, 02:00 AM
I i have the one InPro makes, this is the same as you know as DEPO i think.

When i first installed them and adjusted them i broke some clips. I bought new OEM clips at the BMW dealer, they fittet the Inpro lights aswell. Then after some winterdriving (salt belt) the relay powering the angeleyes stopped working, Opened it and it was full of rust. Replaced it with a normal 4 pin relay. No more troubles.

Some pics:
Relay:
http://filserver.pyrabel.net/bilder/e34/angeleyes/inprorele.JPG

http://filserver.pyrabel.net/bilder/e34/body/DSCN0125.JPG

http://filserver.pyrabel.net/bilder/e34/body/DSCN0122.JPG

BFEINZIMER
11-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Are the DEPO ones that Bavarian Autosport sells?

Incantation
11-13-2006, 04:43 AM
2 years and no problems. i originally installed using the supplied relay but that piece of shxt rusted after 2-3 weeks. since having replaced that, no problem. and then of course i found you don't even need a relay to run em

weiss_535is
11-13-2006, 04:56 AM
2 years and no problems. i originally installed using the supplied relay but that piece of shxt rusted after 2-3 weeks. since having replaced that, no problem. and then of course i found you don't even need a relay to run em

Mine have been fine too, no probs yet either - I didnt bother with the relay either.:)