I thought my car was a '94. With help I got here, I discovered that it is actually an '88 750il from Japan with some monkey business to the title! Arggh! I guess I will change my forum signature here soon. However, the car is wonderful and I got a great deal here in the Philippines. It is like new, so I am actually not that upset--I underpaid and it is a great car. Everthing works! Almost.
So...I am staying positive. The one issue with the car is the stereo system for the 1988 750il. It is made by Sony. It has never worked, but the head unit, changer, rear controller, and speakers are there. All the DIN cables are in place, but wires (for speakers?) have been cut in the trunk. The previous owner told me the radio did not work because of a blown fuse (NOT!), but I want to control tunes front and back with the factory system.
Are there amplifiers in the car? If so, where are they? If not, do the speakers get power from the head unit? How is everything laid out? Sorry for all of the questions. As a younger man, I used to be a car stereo installer, but I can't just rip apart the whole car--it is our only car while we are here. I bought it because I knew if the only thing wrong was the stereo that I could fix it easily. Ooops. Maybe someone could save me some time? Help!