GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Installing my new Konis - quick help?

Thanks for the help everybody.

I got the passenger side done, but when I got to removing the top nut on the driver's side one, my 6mm allen socket completely shattered (yay craftsman!) - so I had to drive around on one new shock today since every hardware store is (amazingly) closed at 11pm.. Wonderful.

On another note; the previous owner claimed the shocks were Boge - but the strut I pulled out of the pass. side was painted red. I'd thought the Boge shocks were plain black?

There's absolutely no other identification on the old strut. Which struts are red? I know Sachs are.. Huh.

Oh; and I think I solved a bit of my "good god my car is too low" problem. The old struts were actually pulling forcibly IN - when I had the spring compressed and pulled the top nut completely off; the piston forcibly sank down into the housing and now takes a good bit of work to pull out. How very odd.

some KYBshocks are red, Boge OE is now black, and has been for 4-5 yrs. Previously all Boge roducts were painted yellow ( like Bilstein) which is why they are NOW BLACK. I guess Boge didn't want to be "confused" with Bilstein.

some KYBshocks are red, Boge OE is now black, and has been for 4-5 yrs. Previously all Boge products were painted yellow ( like Bilstein) which is why they are NOW BLACK. I guess Boge didn't want to be "confused" with Bilstein.

Quote Originally Posted by pmlmotorsports
    some KYBshocks are red, Boge OE is now black, and has been for 4-5 yrs. Previously all Boge products were painted yellow ( like Bilstein) which is why they are NOW BLACK. I guess Boge didn't want to be "confused" with Bilstein.
    Solved my confusion when I got the rears off:

This explains the red front inserts.

It's comforting that the previous owner didn't even know what kind of shocks he was running.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123