GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: DME Question

Default DME Question

Whats the deal with a programmable d.m.e? If i need a new dme for a car do I have to put a programmable one back in or can I put one thats already programmed back in. A guy I talked to said there is a 50% chance that it will **** up when the dealer programms it, who wants to deal with that.

Default All the replacements are programmable. You don't have a choice if

you're buying a new dme. Its much easier for the dealer and the factory to keep them blank and program for the models as needed , that way if they happen to update the software you get the newest version.

Quote Originally Posted by bjl4776
    Whats the deal with a programmable d.m.e? If i need a new dme for a car do I have to put a programmable one back in or can I put one thats already programmed back in. A guy I talked to said there is a 50% chance that it will **** up when the dealer programms it, who wants to deal with that.

So If i get a used one that was programmed straight out of the factory it will work?

Default If you get the correct one. I personally wouldn't hesitate to get a

new one from the dealer if i was going to spend the money..I think that the guy that told you that 50% of them are screwed up has no idea what he's talking about.

So If i get a used one that was programmed straight out of the factory it will work?

A new one from the dealer costs a shitload. The guy that told me 50% was from Bavarian Auto Recycling so I don't know.

A new one from the dealer costs a shitload. The guy that told me 50% was from Bavarian Auto Recycling so I don't know.
    bj, from the little experience i know about DME,the eeprom that has the crucial info is reprogramable.If your DME needs electronical repair i think some companies do that with warranty,BUT, as for programing its the best you turn to the dealer AT LEAST they can order the exact software for your car. i went to the dealer once to reprograme my DME,the CATALYST message on the cluster was stuck and no clearing could erase it,till they erased the eeprom and downloaded the original software from Germany.
    I think if you want to save money,maybe,by doing this you could save some $.
    jj

Would it be possible to take the vanos off and and use a DME from a 92 car? I don't really want the vanos on there anyway, more things to go wrong, and i would rather not sacrifice top end for mid range on the track. I already have a non-vanos DME and it would be easier than finding one of those damn EWS DMEs and getting it programmed at the stealer.

Would it be possible to take the vanos off and and use a DME from a 92 car? I don't really want the vanos on there anyway, more things to go wrong, and i would rather not sacrifice top end for mid range on the track. I already have a non-vanos DME and it would be easier than finding one of those damn EWS DMEs and getting it programmed at the stealer.

You don't need to have the EWS DME programmed if you buy one of my chips for EWS DME's.

VANOS works well. I'd try to use it if the motor has it.

MarkD

Default Mark I sent u an Email, please check and reply

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD
    You don't need to have the EWS DME programmed if you buy one of my chips for EWS DME's.

VANOS works well. I'd try to use it if the motor has it.

MarkD
    Mark its about the EAT chip for DME 380