GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: One of you bastiges has to know.....how to reassemble the a/s/m switch so that.....

Default One of you bastiges has to know.....how to reassemble the a/s/m switch so that.....

it werks. took mine apart and gingerly cleaned the insides. when i put it back together, it clicks as though the movement is smooth in both directions, and down, but when i hook it up to the car, it sticks in M mode until I unplug it so it defaults to E. AFIAK, as a decent student of engineering and relatively capable individual able to homebrew ham radio stuff and mechanical switching stuff, it LOOKS as though it should work internally, IE all 3 springs present, no broken plastic, indentations where the spring returns are supposed to set down, contacts are pristine....do i have to grease this thing (don't wanna) to get it to work properly?????

Default Hate to be the bearer of bad news

it's probably not the switch then, I have the same problem and replaced it. Kirt says its probably a bad selenoid on the valvebody or questionable wiring ... so until I check it mine dont work. Any other ideas?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default 632.......

a comprehensive transmission computer scan for the repair in jan turns up no tranny faults, and the sunroof switch works perfectly when i swap it out. for the a/m switch.

Default ok then you need a new switch.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    a comprehensive transmission computer scan for the repair in jan turns up no tranny faults, and the sunroof switch works perfectly when i swap it out. for the a/m switch.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Ryan,
    I second that. I also took my a/t switch apart to clean a few months ago and had the same scenario when I reinstalled it. New switch was the fix.
    JR
    92 525

Mine has never worked. I have never really had the occasion to need it with ASC+T. I wonder if I swap out my sunroof switch if it willl work. Is the sunroof switch the same as the A-M switch on my console with different values printed on the switch?

Default yes it is....

it is just marked differently....the back of the switch has guides that prevent one from plugging it in wrong in either location.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M
    Mine has never worked. I have never really had the occasion to need it with ASC+T. I wonder if I swap out my sunroof switch if it willl work. Is the sunroof switch the same as the A-M switch on my console with different values printed on the switch?

Default just went and swapped.,...

the sunroof switch in.....for some reason it isn't changing. i got this to work once before so i'm not sure what's up.