GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Part number needed

Default Part number needed

I have 95 525I. I have to replace the plastic corrugated sleeve that moves along with the automatic transmission selector. Would anyone know part number for this. Also how difficult it is to replace it.

I also need to change the cabin air filter. I have read two versions for it one recommends to take out the glove box and other doesn't. Any thoughts about this.

Lastly, where can I find the BMW club recommended independent repair shops information.

Thanks a lot.....

Default Here's the sliding cover, and here's

A Link to Gale's site where he has the procedure for the shift gate

Quote Originally Posted by garysaini
    I have 95 525I. I have to replace the plastic corrugated sleeve that moves along with the automatic transmission selector. Would anyone know part number for this. Also how difficult it is to replace it.

I also need to change the cabin air filter. I have read two versions for it one recommends to take out the glove box and other doesn't. Any thoughts about this.

Lastly, where can I find the BMW club recommended independent repair shops information.

Thanks a lot.....

kb535ia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by garysaini

Thanks a lot.....
    I replaced mine too, its simple as long as your handy. no info on the cabin filter sorry

Gary,It takes about 2 minutes max to remove glovebox,might as well to allow the extra room to work with.
    Mike

mikey535im...........1991 535im , Schwarz , H&R/Boge gas ,17" Style 10's , EAT Chipped :eek: Colorful Colorado

Default first time takes 3x the time because of being careful and trying to figure stuff out

2nd time and after it gets much faster.

"The only thing to fear is fear itself"
    (Albert Einstein)
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy