GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George, I was thinking of you when i was doing this

Default George, I was thinking of you when i was doing this

job.... Lad fun...

were you whistling zippady doo daa outta your ass?
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

i did a new aux fan and radiator/thermostat in a turd 91 535, charged the battery and diagnosed a dead brushpac/replaced fac clutch in a nice 95 525im, helpled chuck (the other wrench at our shop) with his days project of fixing several melted wires in a turd e38 and replaced the heater hoses on a turd 740 volvo
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Not that i was aware of... this one wasn't bad though, an arizona

car all its life... unfortunately the owner had me check and its a nikasil motor with a nice miss to it... they just replaced the computer and one coil and that fixed the worst part of the miss... but its still got a pretty bad idle...
    He wants me to do a leak down on it...I asked him if he reeally really wants to know

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    were you whistling zippady doo daa outta your ass?

spray some carb cleaner below the throttle body after a cold start, these bastard gaskets are dropping like flys around here, the one i got that the dealer said the nic was shot on just needed a fuel pump, 20 psi just aint enough and thats all it had left in it

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    car all its life... unfortunately the owner had me check and its a nikasil motor with a nice miss to it... they just replaced the computer and one coil and that fixed the worst part of the miss... but its still got a pretty bad idle...
    He wants me to do a leak down on it...I asked him if he reeally really wants to know

Default This ones a 93 740 that he just picked up at the dealers

auction.... the local mercedes dealer had dumped it off at the auction to be sold..I suspect they already checked it and dumped it to get rid of it...

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    spray some carb cleaner below the throttle body after a cold start, these bastard gaskets are dropping like flys around here, the one i got that the dealer said the nic was shot on just needed a fuel pump, 20 psi just aint enough and thats all it had left in it

id say they dumped it cause it's 12 years old, unless it's something real special the local dealers just flush them through the friday auction and get whatever, at which point we buy and resell

Default probably a simple intake leak or

intake gasket, I doubt the dealer took effort on a trade in car and just wants it off his lot.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Hi Bill...hehehe...yeah know that drill...not too bad...except for removing or should say replacing the electric rear seats if so equipped.
    Wish my muffler looked that good :-)
    Don't work too hard my friend,
    George

yea really who designed that pita

Quote Originally Posted by George M
    except for removing or should say replacing the electric rear seats if so equipped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast