GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: in toronto for a few days... Mark? Bruno? You guys out there?

TC535i Guest

Default in toronto for a few days... Mark? Bruno? You guys out there?

gonna be in toronto for a few days... just wondering if any of you guys wanna hang out. Drop an e-mail at my g-mail account, that's what I'll be checking: tcollins@gmail.com

Hope to see you guys there!

this has bad news written all over it. Tim, Canada, Beer. no good can come from that.
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerd00d
    this has bad news written all over it. Tim, Canada, Beer. no good can come from that.
    The only difference is that he will be going to a beer store to get his liquor. He'll still drink just as much.
    Edit: Who in the crap changed my user title?! I blame Canada for this!
    Last edited by 94is; 12-13-2004 at 07:32 PM.
    I am 'Crazy Tims' girlfriend, Kim.
    1994 330is 5spd

Default better predose the anibuse tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by 94is
    The only difference is that he will be going to a beer store to get his liquor. He'll still drink just as much.
    Edit: Who in the crap changed my user title?! I blame Canada for this!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

alls i hear from these damn amerricuns is that there is dat "funny smellin tobacca" for sale on every street corner north of the 49th. i've been there twice in the last year, and have yet to be propositioned ONCE!!! any canadians care to enlighten me on what the status of the stuff is? i'd aim the e34 in the direction of mark and mr. tim if i was there now (a visit there doesn't look like its gonna happen again this year).
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

"theres a mouse in our beer eh"
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Ryan, the MJ decriminalization issue is still making the rounds up here.

It's kind of funny, my cousin in L.A. tell me (half jokingly), "yeah, you Canadian's want to make pot fully legal...you wouldn't see that happening here!"

I say funny because my cousing lives in one of the 11 U.S. states that actualy has decriminalized marijuana...since 1976 in California, in fact.

Most folks incorrectly believe it would be totally legal here, like in the hemp shops of Amsterdam or something. It would only be decriminalized for small amounts...much like the 11 US states that currently consider possession of "small personal amounts" to be a minor misdemeanor, not a felony...same deal proposed up here...no jail time since not a criminal act (equiv. of felony in US), just a fine. Possession with intent to traffic, etc... would still be a criminal act.

An interesting paper on some of the stats associated with decriminalization of small amounts of marijuana: http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~haans/misc/mjdcrim.html

For those of you South of the 49th...here's a list of potential pothead prisonery for people pocketing, planting or purveying personal, private or public packs of pot: http://www.parl.gc.ca/37/1/parlbus/c...m#Appendix%202

p.s. just so everyone is clear, it isn't decriminalized up here yet...so you'll have to leave your bong at the border!

Cheers,
    Duey
    Last edited by DueyT; 12-13-2004 at 11:53 PM.

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by TC535i
    gonna be in toronto for a few days... just wondering if any of you guys wanna hang out. Drop an e-mail at my g-mail account, that's what I'll be checking: tcollins@gmail.com

Hope to see you guys there!

I will try to have some time available and I'll call Bruno to see if he can make it. (and I'll send you an email to the gmail account)

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by 94is
    We have the beer stores (selling beer only) run by the Brewer's Retail, and liquor stores which sell beer, wine and liquor run by the Liquor Control Board.
    But no beer store sells liquor.

MarkD

When schooling in Iowa all the liquor stores were municipal, cinder block buildings with shelves of liquor, no beer and no advertisements, but you could get Everclear. Beer was available at the grocery store but only 3.2 percent. We would run for the Minnesota border for our keggers of strong beer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast