GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: getting the blizzaks remounted tomorrow......

Default getting the blizzaks remounted tomorrow......

the dunlops are gone after only 11,000miles. i won't buy those again. it is pretty sad i am looking forward to mounting the blizzaks. i have been having problems with the dunlops & small vibrations. i am looking at purchasing michilins or conti's in the spring, but i would like to get 17" rims before then.
    anybody on here have Mille Miglia MM11-2 Sport rims. i seen them on tirerack.
    my nephew has a set of 50% tread 235/45/17 michilin pilot sports that his said i could have for nothing.
    it realy sucks i could not use the m3 rims he has. pa. d.o.t. prohibits use of a spacer larger than 1/4".
    thanks
    tim s.

I have gotten feedback on Blizzaks that they are really squirrley on dry pavement. Any snow tire is going to wear faster than a regualr tire as it has a much softer compound. I have german Goodyear GW snows, mounted on steels with the deluxe 520i plastic hubcaps.. I enjoy racing jeeps off stop lights in the snow

Derek A.
    90 535i 5 Speed - Style 5 17"

Default i agree...........

they are very soft & i would not drive faster than 75-80 with them, but they are totally awsome in the ice & snow. they saved me once. i hit a patch of ice on pa interstate 80 @ 65mph. i could feel the car slide, but i was able to control it. i would have spun out with a standard tire. they only need to save you once to be worth the $418.00. i just keep in mind it's winter time, not a good time of year to drive enthusiastically.
    thanks
    tim s.

my Conti Extreams half worn absolutly SUCK in snow. Maybe if they were brand new they would be OK but in 1 inch of snow in a complete stop a popsicle stick will prevent any forward movements. I'll never do the all weather tire trick again and I'm tapped out on buying a whole new set of tires and rims...I'm bummed cause my driveway is uphill and so is the apron from mudville road to paved. I definetly have to do something though as I cant depend on this crap getting me through this winter.

grrrrrrr.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

anyone have a couple extra Basketweaves?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Jeff - I'll have a few by the end of the week off of my 535iA when I put on my MM-2's with Blizzaks. They're due for some refurbing - loss of paint, quite dirty, weak caps (one gone altogether) - but they should be entirely usable and I'll let them go for CHEAP!

Let me know if you want them. Whit LOWELL