GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should we have an OT forum?

Default One option...

A "Political Asylum" board where those who enjoy debating politics can go. Other OT discussions don't seem to be a problem that I've seen - they are part of what makes the board so enjoyable. But the political stuff just ends up in constant flame-wars, cluttering up the community with divisive - and usally offensive to one side or the other - posts. I'd hate to see people being told to "take it to the OT forum" for posting, say, a link to that laser game we all got so addicted to. ;-) Those kinds of threads belong here, IMO.

Peter

So you dont forsee any new problems or changes in repairs. Winfreds excellent transmission repair write up was not in the archives. Lets keep the OT and E34s seperate.

Default A "Political Asylum" board

Peter, that is an excellent thought!!!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Very nice idea. Agree on all counts.

Quote Originally Posted by warton
    A "Political Asylum" board where those who enjoy debating politics can go. Other OT discussions don't seem to be a problem that I've seen - they are part of what makes the board so enjoyable. But the political stuff just ends up in constant flame-wars, cluttering up the community with divisive - and usally offensive to one side or the other - posts. I'd hate to see people being told to "take it to the OT forum" for posting, say, a link to that laser game we all got so addicted to. ;-) Those kinds of threads belong here, IMO.

Peter

Default Winfred's write-up is one of the finest posts we have had in quite some time.

But let's face it, what we have here are a few generous gurus and a whole lot of hacks who hate Roadflea. I think the masters enjoy a lot of the OT stuff as much as anyone.

I look forward to this board every day, but posts would be mighty thin if they all had to be related to an E34 maintenance, upgrade or repair issue. Unless we all decide to ignore Bruno's wonderful site, which if people always checked there first there would be even fewer posts here.

Quote Originally Posted by AA540
    So you dont forsee any new problems or changes in repairs. Winfreds excellent transmission repair write up was not in the archives. Lets keep the OT and E34s seperate.

Ok, I have no problems either way, maybe Ed should put up an other poll and we can decide that way. There are probably some lurkers that are afraid to speak up either way on this debate. We all could probaly agree on having a fair and democratic vote on the issue, and live with the results. My point was the VB allows you to see the last post on the forum on the main page, so if you want you could respond to either once you hit the main page. I can live with either decision.

AA

I like this idea. An "Extremely OT" board I can move those long ass topics off to. Cause I also agree, normal OT discussions are part of whats nice on the board. But yeah, If I can have a dumping ground for some of those super long political discussions, I 'd like it. You may see one soon.

Quote Originally Posted by warton

Peter

Default and remember to call it "extreamly off topic" cause it is. (nt)

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer Nut Ed
    I like this idea. An "Extremely OT" board I can move those long ass topics off to. Cause I also agree, normal OT discussions are part of whats nice on the board. But yeah, If I can have a dumping ground for some of those super long political discussions, I 'd like it. You may see one soon.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

my vote goes for seperate OT and E34 forums. always has been.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12