GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Hey...Does anyone know how much fuel pressure a 3.2L M3 engine should have?

Default Hey...Does anyone know how much fuel pressure a 3.2L M3 engine should have?

I get about 43 psi. Is this normal?

Default anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M.
    I get about 43 psi. Is this normal?

3 bar (43psi or so) sounds about right

all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default need help please!

I have a supercharged 3.2 L M3 (obd1 conversion) and my car will start but quickly sputter and die! I have replaced the MAF,ICV, and fuel pump and have tested the TPS . I was thinking that it might be the fuel pressure regulator because of the rich condition (lots of fuel comming out the tail pipe) and because I can hear a loud pressure sound comming from the FPR. Is that normal? by the way...I looked at the pressure required for my car and its 3.5 Bar.Any help would be greatly appreciated since I am going trying to figure this thing out.

make sure that the fpr is not dumping gas through the vacuum port, it's rare but it happens, if it's dumping fuel another place to look is the temp sensor to see if it's shorted in some way causing the computer to go full rich. something to remember if it's really dumping fuel the oil is probably getting diluted, i've seen some fill up the crank case with a gallon or more in short order

I have a supercharged 3.2 L M3 (obd1 conversion) and my car will start but quickly sputter and die! I have replaced the MAF,ICV, and fuel pump and have tested the TPS . I was thinking that it might be the fuel pressure regulator because of the rich condition (lots of fuel comming out the tail pipe) and because I can hear a loud pressure sound comming from the FPR. Is that normal? by the way...I looked at the pressure required for my car and its 3.5 Bar.Any help would be greatly appreciated since I am going trying to figure this thing out.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    make sure that the fpr is not dumping gas through the vacuum port, it's rare but it happens, if it's dumping fuel another place to look is the temp sensor to see if it's shorted in some way causing the computer to go full rich. something to remember if it's really dumping fuel the oil is probably getting diluted, i've seen some fill up the crank case with a gallon or more in short order
    How is the fuel getting into the oil to dilute it when the engine is running rich? Now that u mention it... sometimes a little oil does come out of the crankcase vent tube.

if it's really dumping fuel bad while you are cranking on it for a while without it starting the fuel runs past the rings and into the oil

How is the fuel getting into the oil to dilute it when the engine is running rich? Now that u mention it... sometimes a little oil does come out of the crankcase vent tube.