GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: im soo smert

Default im soo smert

soo i was replaing my worn out hood shocks this afternoon and little did i know that with out the shocks, the hood can open up even more. well i had it propped up with a stick, and the second i took both the old shocks off it floped backwards and the hinge on the drivers side cut my coolant resvior overflow/return(?) line (its the straw-sized plastic line near the hoodlock cable) clean in half. i was on the other side of the drive way and saw liquid spraying out a hose near the mess of brake components and almsot **** myself until i saw what it was. heh. i felt so smart. well now i have to see what price bma is going to change me to saturday overnight this damn little pipe. this is my daily driver, and while its not the families only car, its my only car. thank god i don't work tomorrow. or maybe i could piece it together drinking straws... we'll see. any ghetto rigging hints? theres a discount autoparts down the street. the only problem is the line was so small and is such hard brittle plastic i can't imagine just taping it together real well would work.

heh.... any one got some nice embrassing stories of bimmer mishaps?

Apart from my first curb rash yesterday (still hurts to think about it), there was the time I had the jack on the front mount and opened the door. Put a nice little dent in the door skin. That still hurts too!
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

Default hood shocks...

I just replaced mine yesterday too. You should of done one at a time...this would of never happened.

Default I did the exact same thing!!

I was going to set the parking brake whilst I was rotating tires, and but a beauty of a dent in the driver's door. ****!

Default you could slip a rubber hose over the tube for a while,

got some nice embrassing stories of bimmer mishaps?[/QUOTE]when I was doing all my water hoses I founf that brittle stuff in a couple spots, hose to the rescue, still works.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy