GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pioneer CDX-M30

Quote Originally Posted by chamilun
    thats what im getting at. this isnt an electronics problem, its a mechanical problem.

you may find that bending/adjusting a few pieces ever so slightly will allow the piece to move smoothly and all the way across.

as you can tell, i recently repaired my own.
    I appreciate the help very much. I suspect that you are right - the mechanism is meeting resistance and therefore moving on to the next disc. I am still confused as to why it never grabs disc 1. I just don't see where the resistance is. Everything looks good, but as I said, I wouldn't know if it looked bad. What did you have to adjust or bend to free it up? Thanks again for the help.

The guy I bought it from is willing to take it back. My neighbor gave me an AC Delco branded CDX-M61, so I will just install it. It's what I should have done in the first place. I never thought to see what it was he had when he offered it to me a month ago. It came out of his 1993 Chevy S-10 Pickup, so I just assumed it wouldn't work in the BMW. I will need to find another adapter...anyone have a BMWPIO they want to part with?

Quote Originally Posted by chamilun
    thats what im getting at. this isnt an electronics problem, its a mechanical problem.

you may find that bending/adjusting a few pieces ever so slightly will allow the piece to move smoothly and all the way across.

as you can tell, i recently repaired my own.
    Something is amiss for sure. My neighbor gave me his AC Delco branded Pioneer CDX-M61, the two are nearly identical, and it moves through all 6 discs just fine. It takes longer too - indicating that the discs are moving all the way. I suspect the CDX-M30 was damaged in shipping as there wasn't much packaging material around it, a single layer of bubble wrap only. I suspect it got squished a bit. Thanks all for helping me through this ordeal of getting CD tunes in the 525. I'll have to order a BMWPIO of course. Fortunately, Audio Express is issuing an RMA for the $40 BMWPIO/M that I no longer need. Now I need a BMWPIO - anyone have one they wish to part with?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12