GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bad gas mileage

Okay... I checked for brake drag today and while I'm not exactly sure what I should be looking for or how I should be testing it, I jacked up the car and spun the front wheels, they spin freely and take a little while to stop on their own. After starting the car, applying the brakes once and releasing, the wheels are not as easy to turn as they were, but can still be done fairly easily by hand. They do not however spin freely any longer. A hard yank on the wheel lets it make 2 , maybe 2 and a half turns before stopping on it's own. It doesn't feel like a whole lot, but there is noticeable more resistance. Is this the brake dragging? Is it normal? Would this have a negative affect on my gas mileage?

Default Thats pretty much normal, if you were driving they would retract enough within a

few feet to not drag anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypr5
    Okay... I checked for brake drag today and while I'm not exactly sure what I should be looking for or how I should be testing it, I jacked up the car and spun the front wheels, they spin freely and take a little while to stop on their own. After starting the car, applying the brakes once and releasing, the wheels are not as easy to turn as they were, but can still be done fairly easily by hand. They do not however spin freely any longer. A hard yank on the wheel lets it make 2 , maybe 2 and a half turns before stopping on it's own. It doesn't feel like a whole lot, but there is noticeable more resistance. Is this the brake dragging? Is it normal? Would this have a negative affect on my gas mileage?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123