GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brake job - pads?

Quote Originally Posted by Cab325i/540i
    Thanks, everyone! I've heard good things about Raybestos from other people as well. I am not sure what I'll get right now, my brother-in-law recommends Pagid pads which he uses on his 91 M5. Those are the same price from Bavauto as the Raybestos from partsamerica.com. I like Bavauto, as they are only ~50 miles from me and I always get the order the next day.

So anyway, thanks for all your input, it's certainly well received! I continue to do a little price comparison, and I'll probably put the order in later today.
    Not sure where exactly you are but Turner Motorsports is probably closer and they are cheaper than Bavauto more often than not. Great group of guys as well....

http://www.turnermotorsports.com

Best,
    Rory

<Insert list of modifcations or clever saying here>

Quote Originally Posted by Rory
    Not sure where exactly you are but Turner Motorsports is probably closer and they are cheaper than Bavauto more often than not. Great group of guys as well....

http://www.turnermotorsports.com

Best,
    Rory
    I bought my E30 brake package and suspension from Turner. They are good guys, and are a little bit closer than Bavauto. I have not noticed them being substantially different in price than Bavauto. I looked on their website, and I don't see any E34 stuff stocked. I haven't called them about it yet, but I think I will. I know they have some stuff for the E34 M5, but they don't show a brake package for the E34 like they do for E30, E36, E46, E39.

Buy stuff from BMA or Mr. Auto Parts... cheapest for great stuff. Edison, NJ is where the warehouse is... so not too long at all to get parts.

Cab, what wheels do you have? If you have anything intricate (like #5's) you'd be doing yourself a favour by getting the Raybestos QS ceramic per Bill R.'s recommendation. I got them on Bill's recommendation and would highly recommend them as well.

Duey

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

Default Duey, where in canada did u pick up the raybestos qs?!

Quote Originally Posted by DueyT
    Cab, what wheels do you have? If you have anything intricate (like #5's) you'd be doing yourself a favour by getting the Raybestos QS ceramic per Bill R.'s recommendation. I got them on Bill's recommendation and would highly recommend them as well.

Duey

I would appreciate any pointers on that!! email me about those tires as well!
    sharkmanbmw@hotmail.com

thanks,
    chris
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkman540i
    I would appreciate any pointers on that!! email me about those tires as well!
    sharkmanbmw@hotmail.com

thanks,
    chris
    Chris, you have mail. I got the QS pads here in town...$80 front and $65 rear, IIRC...let me know if you want some, I could get some for you if I drop in to Lachine for the tires.

Cheers,
    Duey

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DueyT

Duey
    I have 17"x7.5", et20 replicas of M3 LTW wheels, style 24:

http://zoouz.free.fr/Wheels/TMP_wheel/bmw_wheel_024.jpg

I appreciate all the advice from everyone here. I bought the brake parts yesterday from Turner. I tried BMA and partsamerica and racingking, and I wasn't able to find better prices than Turner had, at least not substantially. I like that Turner is only 45 minutes from me, so I know I'll get the parts in before this weekend to do the work, and I've done business with them before and like them (and it's good to support your local BMW shops!). The P.O. had PBR pads on there now (actually there is still quite a bit of pad left) and I have yet to see any dust at all on the wheels.

I was confused by the prices shown on e34.net. It shows great prices, like half price than anywhere else, but when I clicked "Buy now" it took me to racingking.net, and the prices there were much higher. Bruno emailed me and said to try BMA, but as I said, the prices there weren't better than what I paid at Turner. Anyway, I'll be happy just to have rotors that aren't totally worn down. I think the ones on the car are original.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Buy stuff from BMA or Mr. Auto Parts... cheapest for great stuff. Edison, NJ is where the warehouse is... so not too long at all to get parts.
    See my response below. I tried BMA and the prices weren't enough better than Turner to make me go elsewhere. For F/R pads and rotors, I paid about $15 more at Turner. I'm not worried about that, since I am more than willing to pay a little more to a local shop that I already have a relationship with. If it had been half price or something like that, I would have done it.

Hey guys,

I'm going to pick up the Raybestos QS Ceramics that Bill R recommended to hopefully keep me out of the business of cleaning the wheels every 3 days. Would it help to use some of those wheel/dust shields as well?

Thanks

I requested Raybestos QS at a shop once and they said it wasn't compatible since our cars have a built in sensor. they insisted the dealer was the only one that could help me, but I just wasn't in a mood to drop about $1000 for a brake job....I think they don't know what they're talking about, don't you guys agree? I'm alien to a brake job, but I'm about to attempt it myself.

King Of NYC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast