GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PlugNplay HID? Euro ellipsoid w/angeleyes, In.Pro?

Default PlugNplay HID? Euro ellipsoid w/angeleyes, In.Pro?

Anybody know of a plug-n-play HID system that WON'T give a low-beam warning on the display....I wouldn't be able to live with that and a relay system sounds complicated....I was hoping to self-install.

Also I know these are not as good as Hellas but does anybody have these headlights yet? (I'm sure most of you will say they're garbage since they're not German) The price is silly though! And they have the built-in eyes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://www.procarparts.com/store-det...=onlinestoreDB

So...Ebay dosen't always have the best price!

OG Hellas have phenomenal high beams but crap low beams. How are these with the high beams? Originally we were all waiting for the MTS headlights from Germany but I hear that In.Pro makes a high quality German set like the one I descibed above. I wouldn't mind paying more for quality. Anyone know where to get In.Pro products?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

King Of NYC

hey i got the ebay projector smily lights with day time and the low beam are super but the high beam is **** its horrible. But they seem ok.
    "No matter how it looks its still my ride."

Hmm I wonder if there is a way to combine the low beams from aftermarket but retain the excellent Hella highbeams....Do your set use H1 bulbs? Supposed to brighter than the 9005s. What's so horrible about your highbeam, does it scatter?

King Of NYC

Here are my thoughts on these lights....

In.Pro is made in Germany so, we should believe that they make good products. Well some of their products are nice while others aren't not so well made.

Yes Hella's products are expensive but, if you want the best you have the spend the money. If you guys are concerned about Hella european ellipsoids pricing, then check us out: www.abrahamsmotorsport.com

Those procar-parts lights; I believe they are Taiwanese made. When I imported some european ellipsoids by the company (I forgot the company name) no one wanted to buy any.

Also if you look close at the ebay auction, those eyes (when they show at night) they are from an E39.

If you are looking for something that is bright, my recommendation is Hella EEs with HID or if you don't want to go HID, 100watt H1 bulbs are you best bet.
    Last edited by Michael Abrahams; 09-02-2004 at 01:29 PM.

I checked out some H1 bulbs at my friend's auto store and compared to my original 9005s they look positively tiny. If I got 100watt H1s wouldn't they fry the wiring or harness? I'm sure it's meant to handle no more than 65 watts. I did do that once on my ol Merc. I had 100 watt bulbs put in once by some mechanic who put in some kind of relay and that worked fine.

King Of NYC

By the way Michael, I did buy Hella clear tails and corners and may I say I am a very satisfied customer (I have your stickers/t-shirt and I am actively advertising for you), and as I remember your service was perfect....My question is..your smoked Euro Hella headlights....do they have the "city-light" like the regular euros? Also what do you think of setting up smoked headlights with HID?? I don't know if anyone tried that one yet!

King Of NYC

Those procar-parts lights; I believe they are Taiwanese made. When I imported some european ellipsoids by the company (I forgot the company name) no one wanted to buy any.
    I installed these light and am happy with them. The quality is not Hella of course but they are much better than my oem (91) lights. They are made by Depo.
    1991 535i + EAT + Sachs + MTech Sways =

Rockyfeller,

Thanks for your support!

The european ellipsoids (Hellas) does include the city-light.... In Europe, they had ellipsoids and euro ellipsoids; while we had sealed beams and US ellipsoids. There are different versions of ellipsoids; some call the H4 'euro' ellipsoids as well but they do not include the city light have a different light pattern.

Smoked EEs with HIDs? That would work well. Remember, just because they are smoked, doesn't mean they let less light out, it's a small plastic baffle that is inside the light, to make it look like the lense is smoked. Very trick!

Again thanks for your support!

It all depends... I mean if the EEs can take HID, 100watt; shouldn't be a problem. I don't have first hand on these ofcourse....

Also there are different bulbs that omit a brighter light, I believe Osrams bulbs are the brightest but I don't believe they sell them in the US.

I have Smoked Hella with HID... the smoke part has nothing to do with light... it is just an illusion of non-active part of headlight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast