GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: again...chips questions...

Default My EAT chip, at under $200 delivers total satisfaction.

Those who have compared it with the "gold standard" (Conforti) say it is about the same to slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by playero
    I'm going to get a chip in the next few weeks, I've been reading here a lot about them and my question is, which one is the best for the buck?? I have read about BMP, bavauto, dinan, turner, eat. I just want to get the best bang for the buck. Any help is appreciated, TIA.

Ok, I'm sole EAT is, now who or where do I go in order to get this chip? It will be a couple of weeks before I get it, but the sooner I get all the info I need the better.

Quote Originally Posted by playero
    Ok, I'm sole EAT is, now who or where do I go in order to get this chip? It will be a couple of weeks before I get it, but the sooner I get all the info I need the better.

Just order from my website. It's $189 USD for a few more weeks and even includes Fedex shipping. Then it will be back up to $199 USD.

Mark

sorry but what are those chips for do they make a car faster? and where can i check what kind of chip i got it's 525 1989
    thx

VE39: They increase the torque, horsepower, redline and overall driveability. Biggest overall effectiveness is on manual transmission vehicles.

Here's the Turner/Conforti link: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...4&subcat_id=74
    ...Bill

Default transmission software?

Quote Originally Posted by DallasBill
    VE39: They increase the torque, horsepower, redline and overall driveability. Biggest overall effectiveness is on manual transmission vehicles.

Here's the Turner/Conforti link: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...4&subcat_id=74

If you add the performance chip to an automatic do you also have to add a chip for the transmission? Dinan won't sell me their chip ($299) without also selling me the transmission chip ($199).

Thanks

Default No, you certainly do not. I put an E.A.T. chip in one of

my 1991 525i's with no thought of adding a tranny chip. You need to look into one of them - most of us strongly prefer the E.A.T., and it is less expensive.

Dick Schneiders

Quote Originally Posted by 1995 525i
    If you add the performance chip to an automatic do you also have to add a chip for the transmission? Dinan won't sell me their chip ($299) without also selling me the transmission chip ($199).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1995 525i

Thanks
    You don't have to install transmission software just because you installed a new engine management chip. I'm surprised Dinan told you that as I'm sure they would sell just a performance chip in the past. I think it's just a way for them to sell you $500 in products instead of $299.

So it's $299 now for a Dinan chip? Mine seems like a great deal at $199 then.

Mark

Default In case you didn't know it, Mark is the producer of the E.A.T. chip!

His post didn't mention E.A.T. and so you might not realize this. His regular posting here is just another excellent reason for purchasing his chip over the other well known makers.

Get one - you will love it!

Dick Schneiders

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD
    You don't have to install transmission software just because you installed a new engine management chip. I'm surprised Dinan told you that as I'm sure they would sell just a performance chip in the past. I think it's just a way for them to sell you $500 in products instead of $299.

Mark

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD

Mark

Thanks Mark. I'll keep that in mind. I think I'll add the chip in the next couple of months. RIght now I am putting about $2000 into needed repairs (thrust arms, rear bumper, plugs, filters etc). As soon as I get my next cash infusion I'll get your chip as it seems to be the preferred brand amongst the forum members.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast