GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: again...chips questions...

Default again...chips questions...

I'm going to get a chip in the next few weeks, I've been reading here a lot about them and my question is, which one is the best for the buck?? I have read about BMP, bavauto, dinan, turner, eat. I just want to get the best bang for the buck. Any help is appreciated, TIA.

E A T chip
    Mike S.
    1992 535iM black/black
    1997 540iM white/gray
    Retired: 89 535iA, 85 318i

<<Support your local autobahn, stay out of the left lane!>>

EAT CHip all the way.. but you can go ahead and buy another and be disappointed.. your choice.. most people on the board have had other chips too.. they say EAT is better then the other..

Default EAT is the best, but there are others...

Quote Originally Posted by playero
    I'm going to get a chip in the next few weeks, I've been reading here a lot about them and my question is, which one is the best for the buck?? I have read about BMP, bavauto, dinan, turner, eat. I just want to get the best bang for the buck. Any help is appreciated, TIA.
    I have no doubt, based on all I have read, that the EAT chip is the best. Having been laid off recently, finances dictate that I either had to wait to buy the EAT chip or find a less expensive alternative. I bought a "proformance" chip from a vendor on ebay after reading his feedback, and I am very happy with it. While I don't have hard numbers to back it up, the car is noticably stronger accross the entire powerband. As claimed, the redline was raised by 500 RPM, but (due to speed laws and good sense) I have no idea if the claim of removing the top speed limit is true. I paid a total of $52.00 including shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by hlenoble
    I have no doubt, based on all I have read, that the EAT chip is the best. Having been laid off recently, finances dictate that I either had to wait to buy the EAT chip or find a less expensive alternative. I bought a "proformance" chip from a vendor on ebay after reading his feedback, and I am very happy with it. While I don't have hard numbers to back it up, the car is noticably stronger accross the entire powerband. As claimed, the redline was raised by 500 RPM, but (due to speed laws and good sense) I have no idea if the claim of removing the top speed limit is true. I paid a total of $52.00 including shipping.
    Let's figure out which is better: The E.A.T. or the ProFormance. I'll send you an EAT chip to evaluate, and while you drive it around for a month, send me the ProFormance chip so I can see what it's origins are. (It's a clone of some other chip).

Mark

Well, it looks like the EAT is going to be the one I will get unless some one else can convince me otherwise. It will be a while before I be able to try, tho, as I'm deployed overeas and won't be home until next year, jus accumulating parts to play with my toy once I get home.

Play, I'd lean towards an EAT. The designer is active on this board and is always a call or email away and has show himself to be willing to work with folks if they have problems on with their chips. I saw the clones on ebay but decided to spend the extra few $$ on a chip whose origin I knew.

Default I am willing to compare

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD
    Let's figure out which is better: The E.A.T. or the ProFormance. I'll send you an EAT chip to evaluate, and while you drive it around for a month, send me the ProFormance chip so I can see what it's origins are. (It's a clone of some other chip).

Mark
    Mark,

I e-mailed you my information so we can try the swap for a month.

- Hal

EAT chip I can only express my own opinion & have traded emails with Mark on 3 differnt cars( If people quit hitting me I can finally finish one of them!)
    Mark had always been quick with a response and is ALWAYS on the board so go with one of the family!
    94 540i- 2.50 HP Racing exhaust, 2 3/4 lowered,18.8 HP Evo's,
    88 325ic- AC Schnitzer chip,3' lowered ,M3 body kit, 17.7 TSW Ribs
    Michael A. Johnson
    Mighty Mike's Sound & X-cessories
    MRBMW1

Default I just bought an E.A.T chip - I am pleased!

Only been about 200 miles. I swear the car keeps getting stronger. I wanted low end gain as the 525i M50TU is a bit "soft" in the low end. This is what I got and more. It moves easier/less throttle in economy mode and is much much stronger in sport mode. Great chip.

Quote Originally Posted by playero
    Well, it looks like the EAT is going to be the one I will get unless some one else can convince me otherwise. It will be a while before I be able to try, tho, as I'm deployed overeas and won't be home until next year, jus accumulating parts to play with my toy once I get home.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast