GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: looking for wheels for an e34

Default looking for wheels for an e34

anyone know where i could find some wheels for my e34 for under a grand? Nothing fancy, just something to upgrade from stock. I just got a flat and the tread on the other 3 arent the greatest, and figure i should upgrade my wheels now, rather than get a whole new set of tires. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

what size are you going for? if its just wheels you have some choices but wheels and tires you might be stuck with 15s or 16s.

cheaper wheels are usually heavier and with a 525 you will notice it. on e34s i like 17s or 18s would be the biggest unless your area has some nice roads. my favs are bmws throwing stars or m parallels. ac schnitzers or some of the bbs wheels. those are a lot more than a grand unless you get lucky or get replicas. i got my tstars from another board member i think they were 700 with covers.

tirerack has the mille miglia mm sports on sale for 175 but i heard they bend easily and some nice bbs wheels for 304 each. you also have to figure in tire costs. one of the best affordable tires from my exp. is the falken azenis sport, they are about 105 dollars each.

I have some. email me offline for details and photos:
    mywong23@yahoo.com

I've got a set of 17" Breyton Magics with tires on them... only problem is, they're not in great shape cosmetically. Curb marks, oxidation on the front ones, etc. so they would really need to be repainted. Physically they're great though. 17x8.5" front, 17x9.5" rear, with 235/255 Falken ziex 512s. I'd sell them for 500$, which is about how much I paid to get those tires mounted on them under a year ago. They're just taking up space since I got new wheels, and they're too big to be dedicated winter wheels.

Allan

Custom Turbocharged 1991 535iM - 135k mi.

can you either post or email me some pics of the wheels on or off your car. thanks mmitchel@calpoly.edu

You got it- here's one for starters, and I'll email you some others in a sec.

Custom Turbocharged 1991 535iM - 135k mi.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanS
    I've got a set of 17" Breyton Magics with tires on them... only problem is, they're not in great shape cosmetically. Curb marks, oxidation on the front ones, etc. so they would really need to be repainted. Physically they're great though. 17x8.5" front, 17x9.5" rear, with 235/255 Falken ziex 512s. I'd sell them for 500$, which is about how much I paid to get those tires mounted on them under a year ago. They're just taking up space since I got new wheels, and they're too big to be dedicated winter wheels.

Allan

Do you have pictures of those?

There's always eBay. Here's a set of factory wheels (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=66483) for $500 with tires. You may need hubcentric rings for these on a e34 but that costs less than $20. Good luck.

Curt.
    1994 530iT

Quote Originally Posted by rawlz
    anyone know where i could find some wheels for my e34 for under a grand? Nothing fancy, just something to upgrade from stock. I just got a flat and the tread on the other 3 arent the greatest, and figure i should upgrade my wheels now, rather than get a whole new set of tires. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks