GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No "Lights on?" on E34 1988

Default No "Lights on?" on E34 1988

Hello,

My 525 E34 year 1988 does not show "Lights on?" warning when I leave it with lights on and open driver's door.
    Does anyone know was it an option for year 1988 and which module/part is responsible for this?

I think (but I am not really sure) I saw this warning on my car a few times, so it might be a case that something is not working there.

thank you for ideas,

G.V.

I forgot to reconnect my chime last time I was under the dash, and now my 'lights on' indicator doesn't always come on (worked fine before). If your chime is disconnected it may have the same effect.

Hi,

No, the chime is connected - I can hear it when I brake the OBC predefined speed limit.
    The door open/closed swithes also work fine, because the interior lights react to door openning

Quote Originally Posted by gvilkelis
    Hello,

My 525 E34 year 1988 does not show "Lights on?" warning when I leave it with lights on and open driver's door.
    Does anyone know was it an option for year 1988 and which module/part is responsible for this?

I think (but I am not really sure) I saw this warning on my car a few times, so it might be a case that something is not working there.

thank you for ideas,

G.V.
    Hi, the chime works for speed warning signal, but does the chime go off if you leave the lights on and open the drivers door? (just trying to work on process of elimination) btw i had a 1990 525 and for the life of me cant remember if it had the "lights on" feature in the dash (must be getting old) i do know my current E34 does..... however irrelevant...hope i have helped in some way...best of luck

steve mackney
    1993 540ia (+ 2 previous E34's)

No, there is no sound nor dash message when I leave the lights on and open drivers door.

my '89 525iSE manual doesn't... I tried having a looky on the online ETK but it only has a pic of the control box, not where it's located.

okay good, now you know that your chime works for speed breach but not for " the lights left on" function...try going to an auto electrician and tell him that your "lights on" warning is not showing in the dash as it should when you open the door and get out of the car.....(when you leave them on) this is an obvious fault... there is also some module i have seen mention on this forum that may also have something to do with it.....there are some genius's in here.....i am sure will help.....

hope this helps

steve mackney

1993 540ia & others

Hi,

I have also found this "LIGHTS ON MODULE" in ETK but don't know where it is located and is it the thing which is responsible for lights on warning.

my 1990 (12/89) 535 i does not have a lights on warning,and the manual implies that the warning is an option so it may be that it is not broken.You may not have the hardware....I am pretty sure tho it will be plug and play.....I have learnt to recognise a more subtle warning tho.If your interior light comes on as soon as turn off the key you have got your lights on
    Gone but not forgotten

I don't know whether I have the lights on warning in my '90 535i, but at night when I garage the car, shut off the headlights, then shut off the engine, my interior lights come on. I think this is a convenience feature so one can gather their stuff befoe getting out of the car. There is then the delay after getting out of car and closing the door, interior lights finally shutting off after about a minute.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast