GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: fuel pump relay location

Default fuel pump relay location

Can someone plse refresh my memory on the location of the fuel pump relay?
    Car can't start.Have removed the hose going to the fuel rails and no fuel coming out during cranking.Pump is 3 years old.Fuse OK.Any leads?

it's by the computer in the right electronics box under the hood, theres 3 relays two 4 prong one 5 prong, the 5 is the main one 4 is fuel pump and the other 4 is 02 sensor heater, you can swap the two 4's for one another. if you have no spark and no fuel the main suspects are the main relay (if the idle control valve is humming the main relay is powered up) and the refrence mark sensor
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Thanks Winfred.I have confirmed that the main relay works as the ICV hums.I have swapped the fuel relay with another from the main fuse box.What I need now is to rule the fuel pump as the suspect.Can anyone tell me which pins on the fuel pump connector are the pins that runs the pump?There are a total of 5 male pins on the pump side.

87 and 30

Quote Originally Posted by moots
    Thanks Winfred.I have confirmed that the main relay works as the ICV hums.I have swapped the fuel relay with another from the main fuse box.What I need now is to rule the fuel pump as the suspect.Can anyone tell me which pins on the fuel pump connector are the pins that runs the pump?There are a total of 5 male pins on the pump side.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Thanks Winfred...again....
    It turns out that there was no sparks as well.So I called up my regular mechanic who said that if there were no fuel and no sparks,the common problem for the e34 with m20 engine was the crank position sensor.So I chkd the resistance.Haynes manual said that it should be between 500-600 ohms.Mine was 8 megohms....wayyyy to hi...as good as open cct.
    I replaced the CPS aka pulse sensor and everything is good.Thanks for all your help.