GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Still looking for LKM

Default Still looking for LKM

Hi Guys,
    I am still trying to locate the LKM on my 1994 525 TDS. It is definitly not in the main fuse box, there are two modules under the back seat, one is marked ABS the other is not marked, I opened it up and it has about 6 or 8 relays soldered to a pcb but no chips or other electronics, is this the LKM or do I need to look elsewhere, any help much appreciated

Peter

Tim_92525iT_Indy Guest

Default LKM location

On my 92, the LKM is in the main fuse box (left rear of engine comp). It is the long black box that has LKM imprinted on the top.

Hope this helps,
    Tim

88 325is
    92 525iT
    98 328is

not sure about euro cars but on usa cars it's in the main box on our drivers side (left) it's the largest thing in the fusebox in this pic, i already had this pic on my web storage so ignore what i am pointing at, it's on the bottom of the picture, you can almost make out "lkm-l us" on it
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Hi Tim,

hanks for your help

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_92525iT_Indy
    On my 92, the LKM is in the main fuse box (left rear of engine comp). It is the long black box that has LKM imprinted on the top.

Hope this helps,
    Tim

88 325is
    92 525iT
    98 328is

There's some pretty good LKM instructions and pics on Bruno's site. It worked for me anyway.
    http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/mainte...trical/LKM.htm

Thanks Jon, unfortunately my LKM is not in the same position on the car as Bruno's, when I get to find it the pics will be useful.

Peter

Any chance the diesels don't have an LKM? I can't find one listed for an ECE 525TDS in my ETK. It's listed for an ECE 525M50 and others. This is a european car is that correct? Do you have headlight relays in your fuse box? If they're not identified on the cover or in the owners manual I suppose you could turn your headlights on and pull the relays one at a time to see if they go out. Previous Bimmers had separate relays for low & high beams.

Paul Shovestul

Quote Originally Posted by lotus88
    Thanks Jon, unfortunately my LKM is not in the same position on the car as Bruno's, when I get to find it the pics will be useful.

Peter
    .....Got to keep the loonies on the paath.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellicose Right Winger
    Any chance the diesels don't have an LKM? I can't find one listed for an ECE 525TDS in my ETK. It's listed for an ECE 525M50 and others. This is a european car is that correct? Do you have headlight relays in your fuse box? If they're not identified on the cover or in the owners manual I suppose you could turn your headlights on and pull the relays one at a time to see if they go out. Previous Bimmers had separate relays for low & high beams.

Paul Shovestul
    Hi Paul, yes you are right my model does not have an LKM, it uses relays and the low beam had failed. Many thanks you have put me out of my agony!

Peter