GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: My Bimmer Stretches it Legs....easily

RobPatt 93 525ia @123K Guest

Default My Bimmer Stretches it Legs....easily

Having been stationed in Hawaii for the duration of my E34 (and E30) ownership, I'd not done any sustained cruising. Now I'm in north Florida and work M-F Montgomery, coming home weekends. The car LOVES to stretch out on the roads, moving along effortlessly. Still getting 26mpg @ 75-80mph avg. (w/occasional crawls and sprints...) (the only unnerving things were loaded pickups and lumbering SUVs passing me at over 90... while I think, 'can their brakes/tires/etc manage at those speeds???' ) Bottom Line: This is a wonderful, competent, and confident car. I love it. ;-P

so true...these cars are most at home on the highway. My heavier big six E-32 will average 24.5mpg at 60-70 mph and 23.5 at 80mph in a trip I just returned from over the 4th.
    I always try to get away from all the rattle traps out there carrying loose crap in an open bed :-) Why temp fate?...lol
    George

HAHAHAHA!!!

Something I noticed here in the Philippines as well... weekend trips out of town, in the long country roads... the psycho drivers are the guys in vans/minivans... swerving and speeding along mountain side roads... and I'm thinking "Hmmm... I wonder if he knows that he isn't in a race car..."

Unregistered Guest

Got my car to 135 mph on a quiet bit of road the other day, first time I've had it over 100. Not bad! Felt good and it got up there quickly.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Got my car to 135 mph on a quiet bit of road the other day, first time I've had it over 100. Not bad! Felt good and it got up there quickly.
    OOps UK1992 525I Sport

Unregistered Guest

Default hell yeah!

got my baby up to 120 going from NY to DC late night. She felt so solid and confident at that speed and she got to it so easily. i love this car but i gotta let her go because im leaving the country.Im actually contemplating getting a newer e34 when i get back because ive come to know and love the model so much. The newer 5's (especially the newest ones) do nothing for me.