GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Have a problem.

Unregistered Guest

Default Have a problem.

When I start up my 525I and the engine is cold, it feels like some of the pistons are not working, or some sparks arent sparking. Anybody had this problem before??? When I start driving its fine. It only happens at start. Can anybody help me with any suggestions of what it could be?? Thanks

year/model?
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Gary M Guest

Default Guess

Maybe you have oil leaking around the sparkplugs. The valve cover gaskets begin to leak when they get old. If this is the case and you have resistor packs on each of the spark plugs, replace the gasket immediately. Otherwise you could burn out the resistor pack(s). $$

Unregistered Guest

Its an 1989 525I, thanks for the help. I will take a look at it right away. thanks

single coil on a m20 not packs, id check the plugs/cap/rotor and look for air leaks first, bosch super w8lcr gapped around .28 is what it likes, platinum plugs suck

Quote Originally Posted by Gary M
    Maybe you have oil leaking around the sparkplugs. The valve cover gaskets begin to leak when they get old. If this is the case and you have resistor packs on each of the spark plugs, replace the gasket immediately. Otherwise you could burn out the resistor pack(s). $$
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it