GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Kangarooing or surging at low rev

Default Kangarooing or surging at low rev

At about 1k revs my car ('89 525i euro, manual) jerks, pulling forward and getting progressively more violent until I either power out of it or put the clutch in. It also happens in every gear at the same rpm. The guibo and engine mounts still look new. I don't notice any shifting problems though the clutch seems a little high for me; it engages past the midpoint from full depress to full release (is this normal?). I also notice that when going up on an incline in a parking garage, I really need to give her some juice or the engine would die. Time for a clutch job? Thanks for any input.

Philip
    '89 525i euro 5speed

Unregistered Guest

Default possible simple solution

I had simiular symptoms in my 540i recently and it turned out to just be that the dipstick wasn't in properly.

David

Quote Originally Posted by phildg2000
    At about 1k revs my car ('89 525i euro, manual) jerks, pulling forward and getting progressively more violent until I either power out of it or put the clutch in. It also happens in every gear at the same rpm. The guibo and engine mounts still look new. I don't notice any shifting problems though the clutch seems a little high for me; it engages past the midpoint from full depress to full release (is this normal?). I also notice that when going up on an incline in a parking garage, I really need to give her some juice or the engine would die. Time for a clutch job? Thanks for any input.

Philip
    '89 525i euro 5speed

Default Lol

Some how I find that extremely funny that a simple dipstick would cause violent jerking as if the car was going to blow up. Can U get the on video for us?

Unregistered Guest

Maybe the original owner has those goofy hydrulics installed so it can do handstands at intersections.