GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: brake help???

Default brake help???

I recently changed my front pads and rotors. When I changed them the disc mounting screw was rusted so we had to drill it out. Part of the rusted screw is still there so we couldn't fit any new one. I believe I need a tap or something? My friend who helped me said we didn't really need the screw so we just mounted rotor and aligned w/ the wheel bolts. Since the brake job I've noticed a noise when I full depress the brake pedal. Now I'm questioning if maybe I really need that screw. Do you think the rotors moves slightly making the noise when I brake because of the missing screw??? Any help please.

What kind of noise is it? I doubt that not having that little bolt there would do anything- once you tighten the 5 wheel bolts, there shouldn't be any movement of the disc in relation to the hub and the wheel- it'll be solid.

Custom Turbocharged 1991 535iM - 135k mi.

Default noise

Quote Originally Posted by AllanS
    What kind of noise is it? I doubt that not having that little bolt there would do anything- once you tighten the 5 wheel bolts, there shouldn't be any movement of the disc in relation to the hub and the wheel- it'll be solid.
    I'll recheck what the noise sounds like tomorrow. kinda like a small clunk only when the car comes to a complete stop. When I just press brake to slow down no noise.