GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bookmarks change again

Default Bookmarks change again

it never ceases.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Huh? Which bookmarks?

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

yeah my old one still sends me here
    Gone but not forgotten

That's strange I was getting the 404 error and then migrated to the 5 series to re-bookmark it.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

you mean this

The requested URL /forum/5-series-bmw/ was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.26 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.26 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.bimmernut.com Port 80

Quote Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
    you mean this

The requested URL /forum/5-series-bmw/ was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.26 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.26 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.bimmernut.com Port 80
    Yep, me too.. If that's the URI Jeff's on about I've seen it URL fail a many times... looks like things are changing a bit. I wish the limit on images was fixed though, it's simply impossible to post any half-decently sized pic or pdf in my experience.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Quote Originally Posted by genphreak View Post
    Yep, me too.. If that's the URI Jeff's on about I've seen it URL fail a many times... looks like things are changing a bit. I wish the limit on images was fixed though, it's simply impossible to post any half-decently sized pic or pdf in my experience.
    I increased the size on lots of stuff. Please let me know if you hit any of the new limits.

Also, I did post the issues about vBSEO breaking here: http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showt...108#post345108

If you didn't see it. What happened was, I performed some required software upgrades to MySQL and PHP (you have to keep up for security patches). And vBSEO broke. OK, I could fix it except or one fact, the company that I bought it from went out of business, so "it gone". And since vBSEO was broke (I never ever shoulda installed it in the first place), I had to remove it. And it changed URLs to make them Search Engine Friendly. Well, not so friendly any more now that all my URLs changed and all links are broke. Sorry guys, nothing I can do now. You'll have to update your bookmarks. I also have to upgrade vBulletin, and I'm also working on capturing and republishing some old archived bits of good E34 information Shogun got me on. Thank you all for your patience.

A Bimmer Nut '99 Z3, '06 330cicm zhp, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com

Quote Originally Posted by bimmer nut View Post
    I increased the size on lots of stuff. Please let me know if you hit any of the new limits.

Also, I did post the issues about vBSEO breaking here: http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showt...108#post345108

If you didn't see it. What happened was, I performed some required software upgrades to MySQL and PHP (you have to keep up for security patches). And vBSEO broke. OK, I could fix it except or one fact, the company that I bought it from went out of business, so "it gone". And since vBSEO was broke (I never ever shoulda installed it in the first place), I had to remove it. And it changed URLs to make them Search Engine Friendly. Well, not so friendly any more now that all my URLs changed and all links are broke. Sorry guys, nothing I can do now. You'll have to update your bookmarks. I also have to upgrade vBulletin, and I'm also working on capturing and republishing some old archived bits of good E34 information Shogun got me on. Thank you all for your patience.
    I do hope you can gather all the E34 history files as I am finding this information to be GOLD, while I rebuild my E34 540i and the information I have been able to get from this Forum and the other members has been nothing short of amazing.

It would seem there are years of good quality information and as long as one or more E34's are on the road as well as all the new up and coming models roll off the production line, I reckon you have an absolute pearler of a forum going here, so PLEASE don't let it get lost in the ether, I place it up amongst one of the best sites I have ever seen, for both usable content, quality of information, active membership and Supplier Credibility. Fantastic Job you have done, please keep it going.

Happy New Year to all the other Nutters out there as well!!!!

When are you going to have another virtual Global Car show of everyones E34's etc? I'd love to see what others have and are doing to their treasures!!!

hey Ed its all good bro, I didn't understand any of that hi tech site stuff you spoke about but im sure its a hard job at the best of times I wish I knew enough to help out. Thanx for a great job making this all happen all of the time for all of us out there all over the planet. When I finally get to Chicago im gonna come to your town and shout you heaps of what ever you drink

Quote Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
    hey Ed its all good bro, I didn't understand any of that hi tech site stuff you spoke about but im sure its a hard job at the best of times I wish I knew enough to help out. Thanx for a great job making this all happen all of the time for all of us out there all over the planet. When I finally get to Chicago im gonna come to your town and shout you heaps of what ever you drink
    Now you're talking Mattyb, I'll toast to that! lol

Btw, any weiss beer is fine for me. Love the stuff.

A Bimmer Nut '99 Z3, '06 330cicm zhp, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast