GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Electrical problems 540`94

Default Electrical problems 540`94

Hello eberybody,
    I have a 1994 540 and it`s electrical problems are driving me nuts !!!. Sometimes, out of sudden all power-operated devices stop working (windows, el.seats, sunroof, on-board CPU display, radio and vipers). Then a couple hours later (or next day) averything is working fine again. Sometimes you can hear a lousy "tic-tac" somewhere under steering column, then the sound dissapears.. Anyone who had this problems knows what I`m talking about.... Any ideas about those XFiles? thanks in advance,-

its the fusible link, its either intermittent or split. dealership will charge about 5-10 for a replacement, bma auto parts charges about .75 cents. here's a page about it, read it, and make sure you've got the same thing...then you can fix it.

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/mainte...sible_link.htm

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmX
    Hello eberybody,
    I have a 1994 540 and it`s electrical problems are driving me nuts !!!. Sometimes, out of sudden all power-operated devices stop working (windows, el.seats, sunroof, on-board CPU display, radio and vipers). Then a couple hours later (or next day) averything is working fine again. Sometimes you can hear a lousy "tic-tac" somewhere under steering column, then the sound dissapears.. Anyone who had this problems knows what I`m talking about.... Any ideas about those XFiles? thanks in advance,-
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."