GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: dammit, i missed a e28 m5 for

Default dammit, i missed a e28 m5 for

$2500, just found out about it yesterday and it was right here in baton rouge, i saw the pics of it and it looked like a peach, good paint great interior 160 something thousand miles, some dude from NJ came down and drove it back home without a hitch. sonofabitch, that's the only e28 that i wouldn't mind owning
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Yeah, that was on the mye28 forum the other day. Looked like a sweet car.

erased due to slander

dat's de one, the guy who was selling it had no clue
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

$2500 M5 = HUGE maintenance nightmare. Those cars are worth probably $6000 in parts alone, so for someone to sell one for that price is pretty strange. I wouldn't feel too bad about missing it.
    1992 535i TCD-s2

no problem for me, i work on bmw's volvo's and (when i can't avoid it) mercedes for a living plus i work at a parts store, so unless it was a rolling pile of **** (at which point i walk off) i am good to go

That's kind of my point- if someone is going to sell it for $2500 vs part it out for at least twice that much, there must be a reason.
    1992 535i TCD-s2

or maybe he just didn't have any real clue what he was selling? Perhaps he just looked up the KBB value and decided to throw it up for that.

Like what? Short of the car being stolen, I can't think of one that would disadvantage the buyer. If it runs it's already worth a ton of cash. And even if it doesn't, if the block is cracked and the head is warped, there are enough parts there (both ///M and the body - look at the rims) to make a lot more money than that. I think it's either a clueless seller, a highly motivated seller (these cars will find the buyer who is willing to pay what they're worth but it takes time), or a spiteful seller (ex wife?).

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    That's kind of my point- if someone is going to sell it for $2500 vs part it out for at least twice that much, there must be a reason.