GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: How long will it take me to ONLY get the heater core out...

Default How long will it take me to ONLY get the heater core out...

and shut everything back up after taking it out, NOT putting another core in its place. Will it take the same amount of time as the aforementioned? I plan on taking it out of the car and buttoning everything up while I work on either getting a replacement or getting this one rebuilt.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

you are a glutton for punishment, why do it twice want practice? from what I read its an easy no-brainer...take plenty of pictures and do a nice write up for us.

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

yeah, i want practice so i can prostitute myself out to other florida e34 owners: Heater Core replacement, $100 plus parts!!!

i ask because i have some free time coming up real soon, and last time I checked, BMA didn't have a replacement in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    you are a glutton for punishment, why do it twice want practice? from what I read its an easy no-brainer...take plenty of pictures and do a nice write up for us.

"..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

What car again Ryan? On my 95 530iA it took me about 90 min - 120 min to get into the heater core box.... rebuilt heater core? Mine new was like $135 or something w/ the 3 aluminum pipes... PITA part about the whole heater core job... gettin the pipes out & then back in..... helps to have all the covers/plates/panels under the steering wheel out... theres a clip or something at the firewall... didnt see that ended up breakin from pullin... total job for me was 11 Hours... BUT 2 HRS of wasted time because I had almost the console back on & some dash and went to bed a remembered a small flap/vent I forgot to put back in the heater core box... so took me 2 HRS to backtrack... so for a Newb its about a 8-10 HR job.

92 five two five. checked bma again today, they don't have any in stock. i think i have the one piece tubes like your car....i got a week to get it out starting friday, hopefully it will be overcast in florida as opposed to the 98-100 it seems to be during the day here.

ps....rebuild refers to taking it to a rad shop, having them clean the inside out, and pressure testing it to see where the fault is. on american cars i know they can change out cores from them, don't know about the 25's system. preferrably, i'd like to put a new core in there, but if i have to pay autozone more than 200 for one that they would likely have to order from BFE and i'd have to wait several days for........well (hopefully bma will restock).

Quote Originally Posted by DaCan23
    What car again Ryan? On my 95 530iA it took me about 90 min - 120 min to get into the heater core box.... rebuilt heater core? Mine new was like $135 or something w/ the 3 aluminum pipes... PITA part about the whole heater core job... gettin the pipes out & then back in..... helps to have all the covers/plates/panels under the steering wheel out... theres a clip or something at the firewall... didnt see that ended up breakin from pullin... total job for me was 11 Hours... BUT 2 HRS of wasted time because I had almost the console back on & some dash and went to bed a remembered a small flap/vent I forgot to put back in the heater core box... so took me 2 HRS to backtrack... so for a Newb its about a 8-10 HR job.
    Last edited by ryan roopnarine; 06-15-2004 at 10:56 AM.

Whats stealer price? Got BMWCCA Discounts round you? Provided your a member...

Can try this place... says Instock... though I always use BMA

http://catalog.alloembmwparts.com/?y..._button23.y=10

Default If you really want to pull it twice...

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    92 five two five. checked bma again today, they don't have any in stock. i think i have the one piece tubes like your car....i got a week to get it out starting friday, hopefully it will be overcast in florida as opposed to the 98-100 it seems to be during the day here.
    Try putting in new o-rings at least while the core is out the first time. That may solve your problem.
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

i don't think my car has o-rings on it, i think only the m20/30 cars have them. had a conversation with our friends at bma/interlude with the etk, looks like my core has pipes that go straight to the heater control valve hoses, no intermediate piping between. if its leaking, its probably doing it out of something in a catastrophic manner, like if one of the tubes has a hole in it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-535im
    Try putting in new o-rings at least while the core is out the first time. That may solve your problem.
    Last edited by ryan roopnarine; 06-15-2004 at 09:15 PM.