GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Removing stuck wheels+stuck lugnuts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gentlemen, (thanks for your replies), I do not mean 300 ftlb by impact gun, i mean 300 by means of attaching a 4 post lug wrench to it, having one guy hold the unused end that is sticking out away from the wheel as a fulcrum, and a 220 lb pound guy pull down on a 4 foot length of pipe with his feet off the ground (it is way way over 300, but I was using that as a rough figure) on the post that is parallel to the car. I have a 1.5 gallon air compressor that won't run an impact enough to do jack. We tried using the breaker with a 16mm socket hammered on (1mm smaller), but I inadvertently became a criminal witness in the interim, so I packed up for the day (long story).

Brian, I'm attached to the wheel. they are style 10s and I can't get a used set to save my life. they seemed to be more popular in australia and NZ, and availability is nil.

I think this whole mess is predicated by the rusting of the wheel to the hub, as I was able to loosen these lugs by hand about 2 months ago. I am more concerned about getting the wheel off than the lugs, as I assume that, push come to shove, we can snap those SOBs off with a socket and a breaker bar. also, I need to do rear rotors, so once I get the wheels off, I can discard of the old corroded stuff and can apply a liberal coat of antiseize and to both surfaces, as well as sand the nasties off the back of the wheel.
    Last edited by ryan roopnarine; 06-01-2010 at 01:53 PM.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

The key is sharp impact... that is what breaks the bolt free. The 4 point lugwrench is too car away from the wheel... I don't think I ever used that thing in decades.

Otherwise, get a friend with bigger compressor to come help you out... 3 or more gallon compressor can handle it but the gun got to be powerful one.

4' pipe?! And you still can't get it off? Something is wrong...
    Last edited by Tiger; 06-01-2010 at 02:45 PM.

If all else fails have a word with a mobile tyre fitter. One that also does trucks. They will have the kit to shift anything. Know one that only charges about Ģ10 to come out and repair a puncture