GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You don't see one of these every day

Default You don't see one of these every day

Sorry for crummy camera phone pics. Showed up during a local PCA track day here in my area.

Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

Not to shabby!

Crikey! Was it just as nice as it looks in person? Did you see the owner driving it at all?

It's a pretty car in person. Makes wonderful noises and the carbon brakes have a very distinct smell when they get hot.

The owner of the car was there but wasn't driving in the clinic. He had stopped by to visit a friend who was there. They did take it for a couple runs on the handling oval and the auto-x course but I didn't get to see too much (had to eat lunch!).

All the carbon fiber work is impressive....the thing is truly a work of art. Then again 500k or so should get you something pretty nice, huh?
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

I drove one of those around a year ago while my cousin had one at his Mercedes garage. Ridiculously fast, but the interior seems slightly cheap and I felt out of touch as the driver. Its a brilliant engine and chassis, but lacks a sort of refinement and quality inside, and note that the car is pretty heavy. I see the engine as the centerpiece of the car.

1989 11/88, M30B35 175k-miles 535iM
    1988 04/87, M20B27 153k-miles 528e
    1987 01/87, M30B34 126k-miles L6
    Washington D.C

Another two of those sit in the dealership near my house, I believe both are slightly used. No buyers for those, but certainly pretty to look at. I remember seeing it at the DC Auto Show a few years back when nobody was allowed to get within 20 feet of it. Now I can drop by the dealership any day I want and sit in the driver's seat and pop the hood (at least that's what I did last time). Never seen one in motion, but I'm told the driving experience isn't particularly engaging, the car is way over-engineered.

Oh, and in current news, http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/au...rlingmoss.html

Default Meh....

I like E39 wagons better.....I think....

SLR =

Last edited by Scott H; 01-13-2009 at 11:05 PM.

its a very lovely car but remember you are showing this to bmw fanatics lol

nice looking car but the interior is lacking

and the e-brake....argh that would be annoying for me, def. on the wrong side

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast