GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have an intake boot

Default Anyone have an intake boot

Anyone have an intake boot for a 530 laying around? Part # 2 in the real oem picture. PM me or reply here, going out to see if I can tape mine together.

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Hot glue gun is a miracle tool until it gets hot. Rebooted and get a 1222...sigh. This is what happens when you replace all intake gaskets except the front plate.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Mine ripped the other day when I replaced the air filter. Temp fix: duct tape, did the trick ....

so, I'm also currently looking for a replacement intake boot (M30)...

textile reinforced tape, even fixes radiator hoses. Army approved stuff is best.
    http://autorepair.about.com/od/roads...ttape_hose.htm
    Example:
    Rescue TapeŽ is a self-bonding silicone tape with no adhesive. When stretched and wrapped under tension, it instantly bonds to itself, creating an air-tight, water-tight seal that's resistant to oils, fuels, acids, solvents, salt water, road salt, and UV rays, and takes minutes or even seconds to permanently fuse together. It never gets gummy or sticky like electrical tape or duct tape and resists temperatures up to 500° F.

Rescue TapeŽ withstands pressure up to 700 psi, so it easily repairs a radiator hose, heater hose, fuel lines, exhaust hose, air hoses, water lines, or just about anything that you can wrap it around, and even works over wet, dirty or oily surfaces.
    http://www.scalisemarine.com/rescuetape.htm

mine disintegrated on the bottom side, duct tape would not seal because of a tubing nipple thingy. Hot glue worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by RockJock View Post
    Mine ripped the other day when I replaced the air filter. Temp fix: duct tape, did the trick ....

so, I'm also currently looking for a replacement intake boot (M30)...
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Hey there is a 530 at the junk yard, I am heading out either Thursday afternoon/evening, or Saturday morning. Do you still need it?

Josh

Josh,

Considering it yes, new one is running around 65 bux for the piece of plastic and my Cr card is locked from fraudulent activity so paypal is all I have at the moment. If it seems to be good snag it for me. Mine dried from heat I assume on the lower section and flaked onto the ground when I touched it. If good PM me

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by joshuagore View Post
    Hey there is a 530 at the junk yard, I am heading out either Thursday afternoon/evening, or Saturday morning. Do you still need it?

Josh
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal View Post
    Josh,

Considering it yes, new one is running around 65 bux for the piece of plastic and my Cr card is locked from fraudulent activity so paypal is all I have at the moment. If it seems to be good snag it for me. Mine dried from heat I assume on the lower section and flaked onto the ground when I touched it. If good PM me

Jeff
    I was home early from work after a meeting went short, but I was disappointed to find the local pick and pull has 'winter' hours. I will go Saturday, and assuming its in half way decent shape I will snag it.

Josh

That was so funny man. They are ...

It didn't look like the one you had pictured. The portion closest to the manifold was aluminum and the part closest to the maf was plastic. I will post a picture soon.

Josh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast