GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Control Check Queries

Default Control Check Queries

Hi All

1. I have a 1992 E34 525i Automatic. When I push the control check display, nothing shows up. Is this normal?

2. After a few seconds of starting the car, the service level indicator goes off as well as the transmission selector display. Is this normal?

If not, please could somebody help in determining what the problem could possibly be.

Thanks

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobbycowie View Post
    Hi All

1. I have a 1992 E34 525i Automatic. When I push the control check display, nothing shows up. Is this normal?

2. After a few seconds of starting the car, the service level indicator goes off as well as the transmission selector display. Is this normal?

If not, please could somebody help in determining what the problem could possibly be.

Thanks

Bob
    hi, welcome try this, it might help http://www.bmwe34.net/Wiki/tiki-inde...ard+capacitors

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

Thank you. Will give it a try

Thank you. Will give it a try
    also check the CC bulbs. might be busted aswell

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

Hi All

Thanks

Bob
    Hi Bob

1. Assuming you are pushing the left stalk and not the button, have you selected any items to be displayed?
    2. Service interval indicator going out is normal. Selector display going out isnt-do both digits go out?

Hi whiskychaser

1. I was selecting the button on the speedo cluster. I am new to BMW's. Should that be a problem?

2. Selector Display goes out a few seconds after the service indicator and both digits go out.

Hi whiskychaser

1. I was selecting the button on the speedo cluster. I am new to BMW's. Should that be a problem?

2. Selector Display goes out a few seconds after the service indicator and both digits go out.
    Press the button on the end of the indicator stalk to show check control display. Once its on, press it again to get different indications eg time, temp, fuel consumption. You cancel the display by pressing the cluster button

If the gearbox works ok in all modes and the check control doesnt come on (or goes off like the gear indicator) its odds on the display is at fault as has been suggested.

HTH