GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Have A Feeling That I Am Going To Get Flammed But Here It Goes..............

Default I Have A Feeling That I Am Going To Get Flammed But Here It Goes..............

So the 5 is in pretty bad shape but still runs like a champ...

my cousin just bought a Range Rover and is selling his Cad Escalade...its a 2003 with ~100k

he said that he will give it to me for 6k

now do you guys think its worth me getting that car or just say F it and ride out the 5 till it blows?

thanks in advance!

values of the escalade are going to fall fast with the failure of the bailout, no one will continue making parts. Not a bad deal at all but in the future it could turn out to be a very bad decision. Best of luck this is just my opinion.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal View Post
    values of the escalade are going to fall fast with the failure of the bailout, no one will continue making parts. Not a bad deal at all but in the future it could turn out to be a very bad decision. Best of luck this is just my opinion.
    ooo i never thought about that....

man i wish RR were just more reliable...they are soo sick...well when BMW was contracted with them

I dont know why but I am in this craz for an SUV...i have been looking at X5 but I hear the 4.4L are JUCK and the 3.0 drives like a Truck!

can you guys fill me in one some X5 info please?

...with a user name like that?! cmoonn
    Ken, from Melbourne AUS.
    '89 535iA with a 5 speed swap.

That Escalade epitomizes everthing wrong with the American auto industry.
    It offers little utility, zero sport and all the luxury a pick up truck can offer but this is offset by it's economy of operation.
    Having said this BUY it because your friend will be begging for it back once he discovers that Rover is the worst pile of dung to soil the road since the Yugo.
    Don't let your friends poor taste/choices rub off on you.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Wrong, Jeff.
    the values will fall because they are expensive to operate and offer little in return other than being ostentatious. Parts will be available forever to keep them running, unfortunately.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Disregarding, for a minute, what a piece of carp [sic] the Escalade is, he's probably offering it to you for what he can get in trade. GM's impending bankruptcy has less to do with the value of the truck, present or future, than does the economy in general and the recent $4/gallon gas. I'm hopeful the public's memory of gas prices will be what we've needed to influence buying and driving behavior in this country that the government has been unwilling to tackle through fuel-economy legislation. In fact, the current administration was not too long ago offering thousands of dollars in incentives to anyone buying an SUV over a specific GVW that was able to be construed as a "work" vehicle. While it may look like the Escalade has bottomed-out price-wise, it hopefully will get even more difficult to find a buyer for SUVs in the years ahead as the mood of the public shifts toward more fuel-efficient vehicles of more reasonable size, and even better utility.

I wouldn't worry about not getting parts for a GM car going forward. Ever been to an auto parts store for parts for a domestic vehicle? None of those parts come from GM. In fact there are probably more Chinese-made brake rotors in stock than U.S.-made.

Ride it out... there are tons of cheap awesome cars out there...

6k is extremely under market, this is a really unusual offer.

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo View Post
    6k is extremely under market, this is a really unusual offer.
    Then you haven't been shopping. Take it to CarMax and see what they'd give you for it. A dealer might offer that (or more) to make a deal but at auction no one wants them at all and certainly not with over 100k on them. Reality check.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast