GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anybody need a laptop

Default anybody need a laptop

http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/...ml?_trksid=m38

and get $125 off of this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ASUS-EEE-PC-1002...|240%3A13%2009

i just did, brand new XP laptop for $375 (actually mine was $325 i had a 10% off coupon with paypal) with all of the bells and whistles and no damn vista
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

How do you like the screen size? I saw someone with it and boy! those letters are tiny!!! How do you rate the speed performance for typical stuff?

ain't got it yet but played with a lesser model at best buy and it looked fine to me, at $500 i wouldn't go nuts but at the $325 i got mine at or the $375 if i hadn't had the paypal coupon it would of run i am on it like stink on ****, it runs 1024x600 so it may not be the thing for people with shot eyes but it ain't the little asus that was under $300, i saw that one at best buy and it looked like a big calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    How do you like the screen size? I saw someone with it and boy! those letters are tiny!!! How do you rate the speed performance for typical stuff?
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Here's a good deal as well.

Well rated 22" flat screen monitor- $149.99

http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalo...skuId=21640618

50 cent staple remover

http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalo...skuId=20792466

$30 off $150 coupon

Maybe here?
    http://www.couponcodes4u.com/discounts/officemax.com

JBP16KTRJB8MVJ6NC

End result= 22" flat screen at $122.49
    Last edited by ThoreauHD; 11-23-2008 at 10:00 PM.

How do you like the screen size? I saw someone with it and boy! those letters are tiny!!!
    At 10 inch, that ought to be big enough. The first generation was 7 inch, then 8.9 inch, now at 10. Acer AspireOne would be my choice. It's got better reviews for overall finish, but that one looks great and I don't think it was reviewed in what I read.

Netbooks usually boot in about 30 seconds or a bit more with a GNU/Linux distro.

Great catch !

Did you buy that monitor yet? If you got it, how is the contrast?

Cashback is great and has been the reason of many recent ebay purchases. The only thing that would make it better is if you didn't have to wait 2 months to get the money back.

That's to prevent abuse to the system since it pays out huge amount of money. Being able to buy 12 times is awesome... I am at 7 now... so 4 more to go..

That's to prevent abuse to the system since it pays out huge amount of money. Being able to buy 12 times is awesome... I am at 7 now... so 4 more to go..
    I understand the reasoning behind it, was just saying...

I've had the 10 inch EEE PC for a few months now and I really like it. The screen is a little on the small side, but if you consider it to be a reasonably priced way to be able to do all normal computer functions for a fraction of the size and weight of most other laptops, it is great. The Macbook Air might seem like a nice laptop which is small and lightweight, however you trade off low cost and a number of ports for a larger screen on a laptop that simply has a different operating system. The 10 inch EEE PC (which is pronounced E P C by the way) provides great mobility, battery life, and plenty of speed for email and internet (not gaming) at a cost low enough that you won't regret spending a few hundred bucks on it when the next newer and better model comes out.

Also, on mine, the 1000H, battery life is usually about 4 hours and 15 minutes with Wi-fi on and Bluetooth off. Firefox's full screen function works great when you feel like you are missing out on seeing much of a website. The keyboard is 93% the size of a normal keyboard, it takes very little time to get used to it. Finally, being that I usually have access to power throughout the day, I put the laptop to sleep when I am not using it. It cuts the start up time down from about 35 seconds to 5 seconds, plus, all my stuff is just how I left it when I turn it back on.

If anyone has any other questions about the laptop, feel free to ask.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast