GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headlamp adjusters postmortem

Default Headlamp adjusters postmortem

One of the things that caused the headlamps to be 'loose' was a smashed auto adjuster, so I gutted it and took photos for you guys to have a look at:

Last edited by Ferret; 10-12-2008 at 11:11 AM.

Oh also, the annoying flashing bulb:

ain't sorry we don't have that ******** over here, i am speaking of not only the adjusters but the expensive pain in the ass inspection too our inspections cost $18 and take like 5 minutes unless you live in a exhaust gas testing state
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

I figure the dissassembly was a one-way trip...that is why I never tried to 'fix' my dead adjuster. Do you think you could've got this back together in working order?

Brian

Is that blood on that adjuster, no wonder its dead!

CD43,Style 21s,K&N Insert,White blinkers,LED 3rd brakelight,HIDs,front Monroe sportsshocks/Weitec 35 springs,540 Calipers, Zimmermann Discs and Textar pads.

Quote Originally Posted by bsell View Post
    I figure the dissassembly was a one-way trip...that is why I never tried to 'fix' my dead adjuster. Do you think you could've got this back together in working order?

Brian
    The case is destructive disassembly, but I think with a bit of epoxy resin and a tie wrap it'd go back together okay. I suspect them packing in is something to do with the fact that all the internal connections are push fit...! I think a lot of these could probably be fixed up by simply disassembling the unit, spraying all the internal contacts with cleaner and reassembling... or spraying the slide resistor (position sensor) with contact cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by winfred View Post
    ain't sorry we don't have that ******** over here, i am speaking of not only the adjusters but the expensive pain in the ass inspection too our inspections cost $18 and take like 5 minutes unless you live in a exhaust gas testing state
    Inspection here costs the best part of $110 these days :/ absoloute govt sanctioned rip off if you ask me for 40 minutes work.

jeez do ya get a reach around with that ****ing

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    Inspection here costs the best part of $110 these days :/ absoloute govt sanctioned rip off if you ask me for 40 minutes work.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    if you have a car under five years old here there is an annual safety inspection,which takes about 20 minutes and costs $35-45.If your car is over five years old that inspection must be done every six months.
    Gone but not forgotten

Went down that route two years ago,ended up buying an old set from breakers and fitting adjusters from them to mine,lost the useful motor adjust but stopped the lights wobbling!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast