GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me or is Nascar more interesting than F1 nowadays?

Default Is it just me or is Nascar more interesting than F1 nowadays?

?

How's the ///M5 coming along Dmitry?

I don't know D...they both have their following. Have to say it is quite remarkable what Michael Shoe has done to dominate...will go down in history as the greatest ever....driving for Ferrari no less...lol...MB put him out...just deserts. Seems like a few years back there was more parity in F1. Nascar seems to be really popular...because of its rough and tumble nature...Americana at its finest really...a far cry from the road racing European crowd. I like to watch both but rarely ever sit down and watch a full race. The Daytona 500 is big to me. But nothing compares to Indy...always has been a big deal...even with the car controversy in recent years. This year...Honda just kicked ass and probably not a bad thing engine displacement was capped to 3.0 liters from 3.5 liters last year to keep speeds down in the face of escalating horsepower and ways to make the cars go faster. Had to love Buddy Rice's performance...with Letterman being the car owner....great stuff. What a brilliant young driver....nice to see an American win it.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Jr ///M5
    How's the ///M5 coming along Dmitry?
    Hey Jr!

It's coming along expensively...of my own accord. Right now, here is the upgrade list:
    -everything except block/head/cams/rods is new
    -Forged 95mm JE pistons
    -13 lb aluminum JB flywheel
    -kevlar clutch/pressure plate w/reinforced springs
    -Sparco seats (Evo 3 for me, Evo for the passenger which are generally not so um, wide LOL)
    -US ellipsoids with 6000K HIDs
    -20mm M5T nurburgring rear bar

The block boring began last week. Hopefully it will be done this or next week. I am more giddy about getting it back than I was before my first date with a girl. Those first 5000 km's will be so hard. After break-in it will also get a custom fuel map. The guys who designed the pistons say that depending on the fuel map, they see anywhere between 350-390hp on this upgrade.

Last edited by BigD; 05-30-2004 at 08:19 PM.

Yeah I still can't shake the feeling that Nascar racing doesn't take any real talent but lately I've been watching the races just because they're actually entertaining. I can still appreciate what it takes to drive an F1 car, and the technology. But waking up on Sunday at 7 or 8 AM to already know how the race will end? ...meh.

I would personally be on cloud 9 if WRC came to Ontario (or North America for that matter)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by George M
    I don't know D...they both have their following. Have to say it is quite remarkable what Michael Shoe has done to dominate...will go down in history as the greatest ever....driving for Ferrari no less...lol...MB put him out...just deserts. Seems like a few years back there was more parity in F1. Nascar seems to be really popular...because of its rough and tumble nature...Americana at its finest really...a far cry from the road racing European crowd. I like to watch both but rarely ever sit down and watch a full race. The Daytona 500 is big to me. But nothing compares to Indy...always has been a big deal...even with the car controversy in recent years. This year...Honda just kicked ass and probably not a bad thing engine displacement was capped to 3.0 liters from 3.5 liters last year to keep speeds down in the face of escalating horsepower and ways to make the cars go faster. Had to love Buddy Rice's performance...with Letterman being the car owner....great stuff. What a brilliant young driver....nice to see an American win it.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by BigD
    I would personally be on cloud 9 if WRC came to Ontario (or North America for that matter)!!!
    BigD, come to New Zealand in April next year for our round of the WRC, I can show you some good spots. Believe me there is nothing like seeing a WRC car in action

Default Here's some Great WRC videos.....

Maybe this will help that itch a little bit BigD. I hadn't seen this highlight video before, but as always, it's kick-ass!

Go to Rally Planet and click on the 2003-highlights.wmv link. It has all the other year's videos and lots of other photos and videos. Just go to the media galleries and search around. Enjoy!!

Brian C.
    zoom!
    Last edited by Brian C.; 05-30-2004 at 09:39 PM. Reason: wrong link
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

Aw yea, WRC....now that's some intense stuff. I still can't see how the navigator is able to read the course maps while jiggling around in the seat without puking..=) It is certainly entertaining to watch. Don't know if I would want to be close to the course while the race is going on, there have been some really close calls with spectators...

Dmitry, it sounds like your beast is coming right along. Glad to hear the progress report. Have you checked out the tranny and drivetrain while it's apart? Will the shop let you do any work on the engine bay while the motor is out? Like an engine bay detail? You won't find a better time to do it while the engine is out. Good luck with it, I know you're going to enjoy it when it's complete.

Todays European Grand Prix race at the 'bergring was an exceptional performance by Ferrari, with yet another one-two finish. The commentator stated they weren't looking forward to the race in Canada though, it seems they only win on odd number races. Canada's is race #8....
    Mercedes lost both their cars to engine failures right during their showcase race for the board, sponsors, and owners to witness.
    On the other hand, David Letterman is sitting on cloud nine, along with young Rice. Much deserving and a gracious winner I might add.....

Default here watch the guy with goat balls tearass up the peak

all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

right

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast