GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Speedo reading is out and tranny is burnt...any conjunction?

Default Speedo reading is out and tranny is burnt...any conjunction?

After the montreal meet we had, I took the Touring for a drive around, after about 20-25 minutes of spirited driving, i got the trans program error.

Turned off the car and let the computer reset itself. I drove back to my garage but in the 2nd manual mode since i had lost 4th and 3rd while in D or 3rd.

I'm pretty sure the tranny is burnt which is my perfect excuse for swapping to manual.

The other freaky part of this whole thing is that the speedo cluster isn't working, Test 08 is working on the OBC and telling me my speed, I pulled the cluster out and played with the connecter while driving to see if that was the problem but nothing changed.

Also, doesn't matter how hot or cold the engine gets the temp gauge stays just under the quarter mark, faulty temp sensor?

So just to make sure:

1.) Is the tranny burnt?
    2.) No speedo reading on the cluster, possible causes?
    3.) Faulty Coolant Temp Sensor?

BMW E34 1992 525i Touring

RIP Touring...probably never going to drive you again...

for the Trans definitely it's gone, co'z it's the same exact thing happend to me, no 3rd & 4th gear, but like you said it's a perfect excuse to swap to manual trans....

Quote Originally Posted by bad_manners_god View Post
    After the montreal meet we had, I took the Touring for a drive around, after about 20-25 minutes of spirited driving, i got the trans program error.

Turned off the car and let the computer reset itself. I drove back to my garage but in the 2nd manual mode since i had lost 4th and 3rd while in D or 3rd.

I'm pretty sure the tranny is burnt which is my perfect excuse for swapping to manual.

The other freaky part of this whole thing is that the speedo cluster isn't working, Test 08 is working on the OBC and telling me my speed, I pulled the cluster out and played with the connecter while driving to see if that was the problem but nothing changed.

Also, doesn't matter how hot or cold the engine gets the temp gauge stays just under the quarter mark, faulty temp sensor?

So just to make sure:

1.) Is the tranny burnt?
    2.) No speedo reading on the cluster, possible causes?
    3.) Faulty Coolant Temp Sensor?
    I think your gearbox is stuffed too but your first stop has to be to have the fault codes read. That should give you the answer to the question ' whats the damage, John?'