GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: New shoes, turanza serenity

Default New shoes, turanza serenity

like them so far, only about 60 miles so far. Not balanced just mounted til break in. Great so far, a bit unbalanced above 90 but before that not a shimmy in the house. Almost silent in comparison to other shoes she wore and get this a 70K mile rated tire. Smooth too not like a hard tire either.... just shooting the **** til i hate them like the prior Falkens LOL.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

why no balance???
    Gone but not forgotten

will have them balanced after a few hundred miles. No one out here knows how to use the balancing machines so I figure i'd see how close they are without weights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    why no balance???
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Which Falkens did you have? Just purchased some Falken 452's (235/45/17). Very quiet compared to what I replaced them with and great in the wet also.

did you mount the tyres yourself? or else the shop would have done it when the installed the tyre on the wheel?

just got two new falken 452,s myself 235 45 17 for the front with balance.and alignment,front end shimmy is gone,only had em a week,seem quite quiet
    Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by genphreak
    Bridgestone Turanzas? What size? Japanese made ones? I heard the same things you said from a vendor Jeff- quiet, good grip in dry and wet and cheaper than a lot of the others. Are they lighter than the normal fare? Not sure this is a good thing... but it is for economy

I wonder if they do they do a 245x45x17 at a good price? The more common 235 is a tad narrow for 8.5" rims. Post a pic when you get them balanced!

Is wearing in a good idea before balancing? (Sound like it to me- can they move around on the rim (a little) otherwise.)?
    i had bridgestone GIII before and was impressed.Youu are right about 235 on the 8.5,maybe 255/40 might be a bit better
    Gone but not forgotten

Bridgestone Turanzas? What size? Japanese made ones? I heard the same things you said from a vendor Jeff- quiet, good grip in dry and wet and cheaper than a lot of the others. Are they lighter than the normal fare? Not sure this is a good thing... but it is for economy

I wonder if they do they do a 245x45x17 at a good price? The more common 235 is a tad narrow for 8.5" rims. Post a pic when you get them balanced!

Is wearing in a good idea before balancing? (Sound like it to me- can they move around on the rim (a little) otherwise.)?

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

not sure what Falkens I had, no clue in the dumpster now. Not balanced yet because fresh tires and wanting some stretch and relaxing on the tire itself before balancing them. They are very close with zero balance. I brought bare rims and tires to the outlet.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy