GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: A friend is having some power troubles...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A friend is having some power troubles...

Quote Originally Posted by e34.535i.sport
    Hey guys unfortunately a friend of mine is driving a 2.0L Diesel Ford Galaxy (that's the unfortunate part) - no seriously though she's found that the car is sometimes struggling to accelerate above 50mph (sometimes even 40mph!) even with the accelerator nailed to the floor...

Apparently it's struggling for power when the air con and other things are in use - does this sound like a bad alternator to you? No other symptoms as far as I know (no warning lights on dash) - and the car was doing 80 yesterday without a problem (no air con etc switched on)...

Cheers fellas... Any ideas welcomed as I want to go and have a look at it but could use some ideas incase anybody's had anything like this before. Done a search and couldn't find anything of use bar this one but I can only assume the porblme is similar???

http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showt...ght=alternator
    Low power sounds like either clogged fuel/air filters or plugged up exhaust system. When's the last time the filters were looked after? Did she back into a curb with the exhaust and crimp the pipe closed? Or did some critter fill the muffler with 'treasures?'

Could be dirty injectors causing poor spray pattern but she should have hard start symptoms also.

Brian
    Last edited by bsell; 05-20-2008 at 09:55 AM.