GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OT: How much?

Default OT: How much?

My car is in sick bay so I last night I picked up a run around. I'm not telling you the make till you guess a price. Just asking you to think what you would pay if it was a BM. OK, its 1997 2.0 litre 4 speed auto in metallic blue. 79k. 2 owners. Full service history. 12 months MOT. Brand new tyres on the front. Few scratches here and there. So how much??

Default OK...I'll play.

I'll probably regret this because of being WAY off, but I'll take a stab:

1997 2.0 litre 4 speed auto in metallic blue. 79k. 2 owners. Full service history. 12 months MOT. Brand new tyres on the front. Few scratches here and there.

In the states, right now, I would expect to see it sell for maybe $5,500 USD (£2,700, correct?)

But I bet you got it for the unbelievable, "we just want it gone" price of $3,000 USD or £1,500.

How bad am I off?
    Last edited by artguy; 05-02-2008 at 09:10 PM.

Hey, I'll have a Babycham - and play too. £1000?

OK I reckon if it was a 520 it would have been about £1800. Its not, its a Rover 600 and I paid £450.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser
    OK I reckon if it was a 520 it would have been about £1800. Its not, its a Rover 600 and I paid £450.

I'd say that was a steal. Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by artguy

I'd say that was a steal. Nice work!
    Cheers In fairness, these motors are pretty cheap. I dont live far from work but a taxi there and back would be £14 a day. So it will pay for itself in no time. And she has loves it so it looks like I wont be driving it for long

Two liters and a slushbox. Buckle up!
    In my neck of the woods the price for an 11 yr old as you describe might range from under $2k for a Korean disposacar to $5k for a BM or equivalent.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser
    Cheers In fairness, these motors are pretty cheap. I dont live far from work but a taxi there and back would be £14 a day. So it will pay for itself in no time. And she has loves it so it looks like I wont be driving it for long
    Hmm, the 600s were nice cars... shame they're so hard to get bits for these days you have to find ex-dealers that still supply parts.

Back on my old 214 I had a really complicated heater hose explode on me and was thinking '****, where can I get one of them from' found an old dealer (now a seat dealership) in stockport and was sorted for £16!

There's a really good v8 version of the 600 iirc?