GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: suspension woes

Default suspension woes

Stock stuff was junk. Rear sagging, front propped in the air. Like a sucker, I got the KYB / Vogtland combo off ebay as the car has 212K so I figured how much longer would I have it. Well that was stupid. The KYBs were complete garbage, I think stock shocks would have been better. I don't know who said that the KYBs were firm, "kill your butt" was the line iirc. What a load of garbage, the only butt killing was when the bumpstops hit.

So I ordered up a set of Bilstein Sports. Well this sucks too. The Vogtlands are too soft and the Bilsteins are trying their best to cope with it but they just don't get along. Now I am going to do what I shouldve done from the start and ordered Eibach springs. They arent as low so I will preserve more travel and won't bottom out in NYC (hopefully). A $450 lesson but I got what I deserved. Even with a mere 212K the car is doing well and I hope to hit 300k+

I'll update once the Eibach springs come in and I install them, if I am still disatisfied, I'm selling the car and getting a 5er touring like I always wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by RallyD
    Stock stuff was junk. Rear sagging, front propped in the air. Like a sucker, I got the KYB / Vogtland combo off ebay as the car has 212K so I figured how much longer would I have it. Well that was stupid. The KYBs were complete garbage, I think stock shocks would have been better. I don't know who said that the KYBs were firm, "kill your butt" was the line iirc. What a load of garbage, the only butt killing was when the bumpstops hit.

So I ordered up a set of Bilstein Sports. Well this sucks too. The Vogtlands are too soft and the Bilsteins are trying their best to cope with it but they just don't get along. Now I am going to do what I shouldve done from the start and ordered Eibach springs. They arent as low so I will preserve more travel and won't bottom out in NYC (hopefully). A $450 lesson but I got what I deserved. Even with a mere 212K the car is doing well and I hope to hit 300k+

I'll update once the Eibach springs come in and I install them, if I am still disatisfied, I'm selling the car and getting a 5er touring like I always wanted.
    So, this is a bitch thread?
    Conforti chip, K&N filter, Racing-dyn sways, EBC pad/rotor, SS brakelines, UUC DSSR, custom sound+alpine receiver, 17" PS2s, H&R/bilsports.
    "Speed is the product of doing everything right"

bilstein & h&r is a great combo for daily driving

Billies sports suck... I like the sachs/boge with any spring combo best.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

just finished the install of the Eibach springs with the Bilstein Sports.
    Its definitely better than the vogtland/kyb combo.
    The vogtland front springs had visual evidence of coil binding.
    I also put in new strut mounts and michelin pilots it is much quieter and actually enjoyable to drive now.

what size wheels/ tires are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by RallyD
    just finished the install of the Eibach springs with the Bilstein Sports.
    Its definitely better than the vogtland/kyb combo.
    The vogtland front springs had visual evidence of coil binding.
    I also put in new strut mounts and michelin pilots it is much quieter and actually enjoyable to drive now.

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    Billies sports suck... I like the sachs/boge with any spring combo best.
    From what I have read, Spring/shock combo is all personal opinion
    Conforti chip, K&N filter, Racing-dyn sways, EBC pad/rotor, SS brakelines, UUC DSSR, custom sound+alpine receiver, 17" PS2s, H&R/bilsports.
    "Speed is the product of doing everything right"