GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Might need to travel over bad gravel road... what to do?

your car will be fine. i would be more concerned about your paint than your suspension. make sure your parents follow your car, and not the other way around.

Default Might need to travel over bad gravel road... what to do?

We owned a safari farm a coupla years ago and it seems the folks are planning a family trek there in a few weeks.

Thing is, we don't own any 4x4's or SUV's any more. My parents have an Audi A6 and I have my E34...

Thing is, there's about 30km of rather bad gravel road. Big rocks not really a problem, just corrugated and rutted. So ground clearance shouldn't be a problem.

My car sometimes has a bad knock effect when hitting certain bumps, especially with the right front wheel. I know bushes and tie rods are a problem on these cars and I'm planning to sort everything out within the next few months.

Thing is, will this gravel road ruin my already iffy suspension? Or am I just a bit paranoid? Might well be underestimating how tough my car is, but I'm not sure.

I used to have to really slow for the speed bumps near me. Until I found the end of my right hand front spring had broken off. Worth a quick look? 4 or 5 up plus suitcases on an unmade road isnt a journey I'd want to make. I'd be trying to dodge every pothole

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser
    I used to have to really slow for the speed bumps near me. Until I found the end of my right hand front spring had broken off. Worth a quick look? 4 or 5 up plus suitcases on an unmade road isnt a journey I'd want to make. I'd be trying to dodge every pothole
    If my car goes along, we would be 2 persons max. Parents car would be loaded.

I'm considering taking my sis' VW Golf III, but I would really like to take a long distance trip in my car!