GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what's wrong with the '08 328's?

he might have driven a 335 and decided he wants one of those instead....
    Gone but not forgotten

Default So what's wrong with the '08 328's?

Have a local guy selling an '08 328I with sport suspension and only 7K miles on it for $28K. Cheap bastard went with the leatherette seats but at least he was smart enough to get the right suspension. This price is $4K lower than book price and $10K off new. This price includes a set of winter wheels/tires so what is wrong with this picture? The car is so new and located in Germany so I figure CarFax won't come to my rescue on this one...

So are the '08 3 series rolling POS's due to electrical demons in the system like I read somewhere? Or might I have a desperate dude and a good deal at hand?

I would post this on the 3-series side but that place is a ghost town compared to here.

Brian

Whats wrong?

1.Chris Bangle

2. I Drive (if it has it)

3. SMG pump

and most of all

it's not an E34

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    he might have driven a 335 and decided he wants one of those instead....
    The story from the consignement lot guy (Irish of all things) says the current owner needs a pick-up truck for his work. Why the hell he bought a 3-series, if that is the case, is beyond me!

And you need to stop that with the 300hp tease! I have the hankering to drive a V8 again but don't really want to waste the money on a newer Mustang as I would lose $4K on depreciation on the Mustang in the first year of ownership.

Do you know the 328 is only rated at 28mpg (US) on the highway? I guess that isn't too bad for a 3.0 liter engine.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bob
    Whats wrong?

1.Chris Bangle

Yes, he did take BMW down a different path, now didn't he...

Nope, but it does have: Dynamic Stability Control (DSC), including Brake Fade Compensation, Start-off Assistant, Brake Drying, and Brake Stand-by features, with Dynamic Traction Control (DTC). Doesn't sound like the 'Ultimate Driving Machine' to me. Sounds more like 'I will hold your hand until you learn how to handle a real car'

3. SMG pump

Six speed manual so I get to pump up my lats instead.

and most of all

it's not an E34

Well, Momma's '03 Sable is on the chopping block as its value is dropping and the thing is just too big for Germany (read I have to play 'driving Miss Daisy' when she wants to shop on the economy). The E34 will stay in the family for now, even though it has cost me plenty in repairs so far. So I can still get out and enjoy a 'real' car when I want to.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bob
    Whats wrong?

1.Chris Bangle

3. SMG pump

yeah, probably one of the ugliest cars on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by bsell
    Have a local guy selling an '08 328I with sport suspension and only 7K miles on it for $28K. Cheap bastard went with the leatherette seats but at least he was smart enough to get the right suspension. This price is $4K lower than book price and $10K off new. This price includes a set of winter wheels/tires so what is wrong with this picture? The car is so new and located in Germany so I figure CarFax won't come to my rescue on this one...

So are the '08 3 series rolling POS's due to electrical demons in the system like I read somewhere? Or might I have a desperate dude and a good deal at hand?

I would post this on the 3-series side but that place is a ghost town compared to here.

Brian
    Leatherette's really not so bad, a lot of new bmws are being ordered with it. In addition to saving money, its difficult to distinguish between leather and leatherette (it IS possible, but only if you're REALLY paying attention, leatherette has come a long way). Also leatherette holds up better. Especially on a 328i (the extra 1500 seems like a lot more on a 30k 3-series than a 50k 5-series), leatherettes really not so bad. Biggest problem is with resale value for new car buyers. Thats just my 2 cents, 3-series have a lot of electrical gremlins that could pop up but are generally reliable. Who knows why the guy is selling, could be anything really

328i Coupe? If so, then I'd do it... the more I see the Coupe, the more I like... BUT, I still like the Audi S5 better...
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    328i Coupe? If so, then I'd do it... the more I see the Coupe, the more I like... BUT, I still like the Audi S5 better...
    Nope, its a four-door, just like the E34 (ducking for cover now ). I hate moving my seat just to let the kids into the back seat. Plus the longer doors of the coupe are a bother in the tight parking spots around here...

Brian

I wouldn't even think of buying it unless it was in front of my face.
    could've been in a smash, or might be a scam.

That and I don't think i will ever buy a newer bmw, especially one that is all bangled up

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast