GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I WANT DAMN COIL-OVERS for a E34 TOURING!!!

Default I WANT DAMN COIL-OVERS for a E34 TOURING!!!

I've searched google, ebay and a bunch of UK seller sites DESPERATELY trying to find an adjustible Coil-Over Kit so I lower my E34 525i Touring More than 2 inches with Lowering Springs.

When I called a place that had them, they told me that the upper pearchs are different in a sedan than the touring.
    ***^^!!!CAN ANYONE VERIFY THIS!!!^^***

This is the site I found them on for 657.40=
    http://www.prostreetonline.com/pnsku/ss1-bw09.asp

So, I need to know if anyone knows/has Coil-Over kit either made for the Touring or have been modified to fit one.
    Last edited by bad_manners_god; 01-22-2008 at 09:44 PM.

BMW E34 1992 525i Touring

RIP Touring...probably never going to drive you again...

Why do you need that low? Many lowering kit is already low. Intrax probably got the lowest of low but no guarantee on ride quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Why do you need that low? Many lowering kit is already low. Intrax probably got the lowest of low but no guarantee on ride quality.
    Mostly I want to lower it for the horrible 3.5 inches gap between the front tires and the inner fender.

A friend bought this touring last week in Germany. It has KW V2 installed on it. The car will be shipped to the US in about six months. I don't have any details on the install but KW apparently will work.

Greg
    Alpina B10 Biturbo

Quote Originally Posted by M5Greg
    A friend bought this touring last week in Germany. It has KW V2 installed on it. The car will be shipped to the US in about six months. I don't have any details on the install but KW apparently will work.

Greg
    I searched up the KW V2 kit on their site, it's about 1,900CDN for a 2.75 inch/ 70 mm drop. I was hoping for similar results without spending more than double because its a touring.

I'm sure if there's no cheaper option, I can get the N.E.X Coil-Over's for the E34 525i Sedan and Mod them to fit the Touring....They can't be all that different.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_manners_god
    I can get the N.E.X Coil-Over's for the E34 525i Sedan and Mod them to fit the Touring....They can't be all that different.
    -Trevor Ely

'88 535is
    '95 M Sport 540i (1 of 200)
    '91 M5

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik540i
    Well, is the touring different from the sedan apart from the extra wieght.

Well, is the touring different from the sedan apart from the extra wieght.
    I thought you were saying that these N.E.X. Coilovers that you speak of shouldn't be that much different than KW's offerings...

I can't imagine there's any huge difference with the sedan/touring, other than the obvious difference in weight.

Honestly though, you ought to just get a good off the shelf spring like an H&R Sport and match them with some custom valved Bilstein Sports.

Unless you go full blown with the coilovers, trying different spring combinations and corner weighting, I think it's definitely going to be overkill. If you really just want mad hawt stance and the ability to alter ride height might I suggest....

http://www.airbagit.com/
    -Trevor Ely

'88 535is
    '91 M5

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik540i
    I thought you were saying that these N.E.X. Coilovers that you speak of shouldn't be that much different than KW's offerings...

I can't imagine there's any huge difference with the sedan/touring, other than the obvious difference in weight.

Honestly though, you ought to just get a good off the shelf spring like an H&R Sport and match them with some custom valved Bilstein Sports.

Unless you go full blown with the coilovers, trying different spring combinations and corner weighting, I think it's definitely going to be overkill. If you really just want mad hawt stance and the ability to alter ride height might I suggest....

http://www.airbagit.com/

Thanks EXTREMELY pushing it for my budget.

I've been researching different Springs/Shock Combinations and the most drop I've been able to find is a 1.6 inch drop. My car clears the ground by about 9 inches.

I'm pretty sure that KW is superior to NEX but then again, so is their price. The car isn't going to be a track car, I just drive rather spirited most of the time.

Thanks EXTREMELY pushing it for my budget.

I've been researching different Springs/Shock Combinations and the most drop I've been able to find is a 1.6 inch drop. My car clears the ground by about 9 inches.

I'm pretty sure that KW is superior to NEX but then again, so is their price. The car isn't going to be a track car, I just drive rather spirited most of the time.
    You're going to need to consider how vulnerable the car is going to be with this 2" drop you're talking about....Oil pans are expensive. Also, I'm not sure if you've got any other plans as far as camber plates/eccentric bushings/etc., but you're going to have quite a bit of negative camber with this setup you're thinking about, and significant inner tire wear is going to be inevitable.

Just match a set of H&R Sport springs with some Bilstein Sport struts and go have fun. You're really wasting your time with coilovers, IMO.
    -Trevor Ely

'88 535is
    '91 M5

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast