GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little OT Primative working conditions

When I was 17 I had a mk 1 Toyota Celica. The clutch packed up in the middle of winter, and, having only a small income, I bought a new clutch kit and jacked the car up in the snow, in the street and took the g/box out etc by myself. It got really hairy when some of the pressure plate bolts were seized and I had to use a drill on the end of a LONGGG mains extension cable, lying in the snow, get them out .

Cheers,

Shaun M

I love the VR4... What a brilliant rallycar (for its portly size!!). I used to rally an Australian-release BFMR Mazda Familia, but with the Group A turbo and engine, and only a standard gearbox... My what a HANDFUL!!

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

No snow involved, but had the electric fuel pump in my '66 MG crap out in the middle of Alabama late one night. Tools on hand: duck tape and a flashlight with a failing battery. Deciced the problem was a brokenb electrical connection (Thank you Lucas, Prince of Darkness) Hitched to a run down gas station, bummed some wire from a guy in a late '50's Cadillac (2 pieces, each about 2 ft long) - walked back to the car (no body would give a long hair a ride at night back then) and wired the pump to the tailights whilst 2 Alabama troopers inspected me and the car (they offered no assistance). Drove all the way to Boston on that little fix - ligths on, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Hay
    I love the VR4... What a brilliant rallycar (for its portly size!!). I used to rally an Australian-release BFMR Mazda Familia, but with the Group A turbo and engine, and only a standard gearbox... My what a HANDFUL!!
    Might have been a bit big but how much power would you like? We were only limited by the gear-box internals.Aussie/Hollinger bits helped but we limited torque to 400 to make the driver work and to avoid `box changes in Dalby/Kielder and other sunny service areas.El Hefe had a 325ix and it was the best chase car going.

Quote Originally Posted by mikell
    No snow involved, but had the electric fuel pump in my '66 MG crap out in the middle of Alabama late one night. Tools on hand: duck tape and a flashlight with a failing battery. Deciced the problem was a brokenb electrical connection (Thank you Lucas, Prince of Darkness) Hitched to a run down gas station, bummed some wire from a guy in a late '50's Cadillac (2 pieces, each about 2 ft long) - walked back to the car (no body would give a long hair a ride at night back then) and wired the pump to the tailights whilst 2 Alabama troopers inspected me and the car (they offered no assistance). Drove all the way to Boston on that little fix - ligths on, of course.
    Thats a good one, I can appreciate your imaginative wiring. Got a ticket in Alabama once. Don't drive there anymore

Dave M

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12