GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone used glass.net?

Default Has anyone used glass.net?

I accidentally cracked my windshield changing wiper blades. Don't ask... The wiper arm snapped back and crack! Anyway, I saw glass.net online and requested for a replacement windshield. This website shops for local auto glass installers and give you a quote within a minute. I got a quote for $214 (includes replacement windshield, labor, and they even come out to you for replacement). That price and service seemed to be great! Just wondering if anyone used the service before?
    RICK
    BMW 1995 525i (Alpine White)

don't feel bad - i did exactly the same thing in october - exactly the same thing.

Thanks! I guess I feel little better that I'm not the only one who cracked a windshield changing wiper blades.

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo
    don't feel bad - i did exactly the same thing in october - exactly the same thing.
    RICK

Advance Auto did it to my car. Cost them over $500 for a new BMW windshield installed.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L
    I accidentally cracked my windshield changing wiper blades. Don't ask... The wiper arm snapped back and crack! Anyway, I saw glass.net online and requested for a replacement windshield. This website shops for local auto glass installers and give you a quote within a minute. I got a quote for $214 (includes replacement windshield, labor, and they even come out to you for replacement). That price and service seemed to be great! Just wondering if anyone used the service before?

The same thing happened to me changing the windshield wiper blades. It was about a $250 mistake. After the initial barrage of profanities I got over it and called a local car glass company that my local BMW dealer recommneds. They did a great job about 3 years ago. This summer while working on the car I accidentally bumped the rear view mirrow and it popped off the glass. As I was trying to pop it back on I pushed to hard and cracked the windshield again. After the barrage of profanity I called the same glass company and they installed new glas for about $280. Not the BMW factory glass (that would have been over $500) but glass that was just as good. Hey, the car has almost 200,000 miles on it. It works for me.

Default did you replace it?

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo
    i bought mine with a windshield crack that is still ok (legal i think/hope), but not repairable. for future reference i got a quote at Lebeau for around $500 but i plan to do a bit more shopping around when the time comes...

...help me i'm freeeezing...

I replaced mine through an online company. I don't recall if it was glass.net, but it was similar. 200 bucks is what I paid for it. A bitter guy in a van comes to your house and replaces it. Be nice to him so he seals it thoroughly. The glass has held up well. Mine has light green tint at the top. Getting original bmw glass is swell, but.. why. It's glass.

Beg to differ. Some cheap glass is thinner, does not fit well and/or optically distorted. Safelight here in the US is known to have all the defects. On our cars, the windshield is a structural component and must be adhered properly to the body.
    Last edited by Russell; 12-11-2007 at 07:17 AM.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Quote Originally Posted by timandbim
    i bought mine with a windshield crack that is still ok (legal i think/hope), but not repairable. for future reference i got a quote at Lebeau for around $500 but i plan to do a bit more shopping around when the time comes...

I replaced mine for 600, tax included at lebeau, and the did a decent job - they reused the old trim, tho, so I have wind noise now. Next time, I will get new window trim when it's done.

Just had it replaced and $214 total cost. The tech came out to my work and replaced the windshield in ~45 minutes. It's not BMW original but PBG brand. Nice fit and looks like he also installed new trim (not really sure but looks new). They gave me lifetime water and air leak warranty. On my drive home in the expressway at 75 M.P.H., I did hear some wind noise. I'm not sure it's coming from the tape that's still on the windshield or not (told me to leave that on for 24 hours). Only question is that will the seal set correctly in this cold weather? But so far so good.
    RICK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast